The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

It was email and also on the college portal. She was notified about 10 days after her audition.

1 Like

Which school and program is this? MT for Wesleyan? Thx. Thread is confusing sometimes.

@msraeder I will send you a PM.

Illinois Wesleyan

For Mt or acting?

Omgosh…my son said, “Someone keeps call me from Ohio- not leaving a message…” I said, “PICK UP YOUR PHONE!!”

9 Likes

OMG it’s probably otterbein. these kids never answer their dang phones!!

1 Like

AUDITIONS ALL DONE!!!

Truly hoping, praying and everything else that ALL of our children land in great programs in the next month or so. They have all worked so hard, during a pandemic, against so many tough obstacles to pursue their dreams. The sacrifice is just a given for them, because they love theater so much. I feel so blessed to be a theater mama.

I am pulling for all of our kids. And if you are in a freaked out place, man I GET IT!!!

fingers and toes all crossed!!!

14 Likes

:purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

Hysterical!..and COMPLETELY relatable :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@mttnmom you made my day!!

I’m ready to have a T-shirt bedazzled with “did you check your portal today?”

8 Likes

It was!!

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Daughter let the first call go to VM. Was calling Eryn Kane back before she finished listening to the message.

2 Likes

Yay!! We are officially done auditioning!!
Now we are just waiting on 5 schools!!
We’ve learned a lot these last few months. From self-tapes, new dances, videoing from new angles, zoom auditions, how to make your zoom sound and look better, patience, how to pivot in a minute, think on your toes, ask questions, and have fun!!
I’ve learned that schools move around a lot on your child’s list and their list changes as they maneuver through this process. Their wants and needs change as they grow through this too.

9 Likes

That’s awesome!! Congrats. I’m not even sure if anyone can leave a message on my S’s phone…might be full!! IDK…kids!!

1 Like

You’re absolutely right!! Best of luck to your son, and all of these amazing, determined, brave kids!!! They’re all Rock Stars to me!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And D just finished! Now we wait. Fingers crossed for all of our amazingly talented and resilient kids!

1 Like

Heard Michigan will be coming out this week, anyone know anything about the dates?..

Also heard some who get in will not be called.

1 Like

I heard that umich will let us know about acceptances between now and early March… whereas people who don’t get in will find out late April early May

1 Like