The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Thank you!

Re: CU Boulder

I’m mostly a lurker here - my kid is applying to programs for BM VP and acting BAs. (I’ll confess to feeling super relieved she decided not to pursue a BFA - her application and audition process has been hard but not nearly as hard as your kids’!)

She got her BM VP acceptance from CU on 3/3 as well but not accepted academically yet. I know they said that music scholarships would come out by 3/30 - wondering about timing of academic admission and scholarship notification. Has your D been admitted academically yet? I have a feeling CU would be a good fit for my kid, but she’s a little resistant about learning more. I’ve also heard that CU’s BM program is the type that even skeptical kids fall in love with on a [virtual?] visit and I’d like to get my D to take a closer look during her upcoming spring break. That is only likely to happen if the money is excellent AND we know it soon - luckily, she’s got some good options in her pocket already, in terms of fit and finances.

OMG that sounds amazing, auditioning in person. Hallelujah! The world “might” be starting to open up again.

May I ask if UAB is the Birmingham program? My daughter did walk ins for them two weeks ago, and we have not heard a peep!!

BAL tomorrow!

3 Likes

Break a leg! Live auditions… :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yes - University of AL Birmingham. I’ve heard lots of good things about the program!

yea me too! my d did walk ins and adored them! no word yet they told her end of March. sigh…

@MathandSinging–I am glad I am not the only lurker from the Music Majors forum! My son will be 2026 vp so we are just in the research phase. I try to pay close attention to the VP posters, a little closer to those with boys, but all info on all these forums is valuable, especially regarding the acceptance/rejection/waitlist timing. And it’s opened our eyes to so many interesting schools.

Best of luck as your daughter continues her process- looking forward to seeing where she chooses to go!

Hi! My dd applied to CU Boulder but hasn’t heard yet. She applied to the BM musical theatre program. Is that what your student got accepted for?

No - mine is BM vocal performance (at CU Boulder). But it sounded like @cretanmom’s daughter has been accepted to both BFA and BM MT there.

It’s a weird feeling, between wanting to know…and not wanting to know, which allows for hope to still be in play.

7 Likes

My student just heard - she is on the WL at Ithaca for MT as well!

2 Likes

Still waiting on Ithaca. I wonder if they do it by audition date, by last name or by counselor.

1 Like

If you are waiting on UMich, the status updates are on the portal under the Application Tab. Crossing another one off our list, but truly happy for the Baby Wolverines! :blue_heart:

2 Likes

any updates on Texas State?

Univ of AZ question: I’m aware that some yeses have gone out, but have any no’s or WL gone out?

1 Like

(Marymount) My D just got a notice in her portal that she needs to Reply to Offer of Admission. It says in there that “Do you accept our offer to attend MMC? You may revisit this form at a later date once you decide.” I’m not sure what she should do as she’s waiting for 3 other schools and they’ll only come around April 1st. Any advice?

You should read the offer letter that is in her portal, but my understanding is that you have until May 1st. Of course they would love to get your answer sooner so that they can start figuring out if they need to go onto the waitlist, but I don’t think you are obligated to tell them until May 1st (but please read your daughter’s offer letter).

Yes, the offer letter says that the tuition deposit is due May 1 but doesn’t say anything about when we need to reply.

Regarding U of AZ: we have not heard anything from MT. We are only aware of some yeses (not no’s or WL).

1 Like

i guess emailing back and saying she has not made a decision yet but she remains very interested. she should have until may 1!