The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

That’s wonderful! How is he liking the program? I guess covid would have hit him during spring of freshman year so at least he had some time to adjust first. Are you from Maui? (Just looking at your name, lol)

We looked at Syracuse in 2019, along with a few other schools, before Covid hit!

SYRACUSE notifying every Friday! Wow! Do they give both yes and no every time? Or save the no’s for last? I guess I’m begging for a scrap here. Is no news good news so far? LOL!!! This process has truly turned me into a loon.

3 Likes

Us too.

1 Like

That’s one reason I posted. Needed to go to the portal to find out.

Texas State just sent out a message that they have sent out some but not all offers and reiterated that anyone who has not heard no is still very much “in the running”. I appreciate the news but man seeing an email from TSU via Acceptd right now almost gave me a heart attack.

4 Likes

Yes they sent the kids home at spring break and they didn’t go back. Classes were online for remainder of semester. In the fall it was a hybrid and it worked well. They worked hard to kee numbers of cases down. This semester most classes are in person. He could. It be happier. Yes I’m from Maui.

It was email and phone call. A couple of weeks later snail mail with scholarship offer.

thanks!

Congrats. My D is a freshman Acting major and loves it. She had a few in person classes, most hybrid and one online last semester. This semester is more in person. Any questions feel free to message me.

2 Likes

Go Blue! :yellow_heart: :blue_heart:

so great to hear your D loves it there! It seems phenomenal! The only drawback from when we visited is the idea that they can’t audition in their freshman year, but I’m guessing COVID took some of that option away anyway!

it’s probably a long shot for us, but I think it’s a great school. Also their fourth year semester in NYC looked amazing!

1 Like

It doesn’t seem like they mind the non performance year. They get to bind without the competitiveness. They are allowed to join a dance team or an Acapella group . The NY Tepper semester and the London semester were great benefits for my daughter.

3 Likes

So thrilled for you!!!

1 Like

PACE question- Does anyone have student at either the MT, Acting or Acting for TV/Film programs? Trying to assess pros and cons of each… know they are very separate programs but don’t know much more than that.

1 Like

Syracuse seems to send out a batch of both rejections and acceptances every Friday in March. It means nothing that you haven’t heard. No news is always good news!

2 Likes

thank you so much for responding about syracuse!! very kind of you.

someday maybe they will have a common notification day like medical residents do!! each school is so idiosyncratic!

thanks again! are you a class of 2025 parent also?

1 Like

@Skymomla and @dharmawins - Boots and a REAL coat are both on the list! He’s a born and raised GA kid! LOL

DS did not expect to hear from Syracuse until next week or the week after based on 2020 notifications. Unlike most BFA programs, the University notifies the student not the program. What I couldn’t figure out (and I really did some deep google searching) is HOW they decide which discipline to release and when. The scholarship he received said one of the “perks” is early notification. Since we had no idea that he was under consideration, it was all a happy surprise.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! The ride is almost over!

Thank you so much! I will be taking you up on that! We’ve visited and S fell in love with Syracuse Stage and the Music School. He attended virtual Summer College and I was impressed with how well it ran but I am happy they are doing more on campus. We have one more school to hear from, but I believe deep down I will be wearing a lot of orange in the future. :tangerine:

3 Likes