The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Hi! i got accepted to pace as undecided because i didn’t meet the deadline for musical theatre… am i still able to switch majors from undecided to MT since i am admitted? thanks!

i have no authority to say anything but my answer is most likely no. you can’t transfer into MT without being accepted via audition, and they are done for this coming year.

Musical theater is not something you can just switch into. You need to send your audition pre screen materials, pass that, audition, and then be considered with the hundreds of other applicants. Maybe you can discuss with theater department during the year and get materials ready for the following year to try to transfer in. They will let you know the o process. It might not be a bad idea to get in touch after all decisions go out and discuss with someone who knows the process for you .

1 Like

I know of someone who was in a similar situation at Pace. They had to audition to get into the program and go through the process like all the other applicants. They did get in for the following year. You should speak with someone in the program so they can advise you of when applications open.

Miami told D it would be around the 1st of April. The waiting continues…

Pace’s portal has changed. It no longer gives the message to “check back”. It’s actually blank. . .

2 Likes

Saw that too. This is torture.

2 Likes

Hello! I applied to temple and had my audition 2/8 for Temple and have not heard anything about when they would release decisions or basically anything about it. do you know if they have released any other emails to different students?

also my Roosevelt portal now just says decided not awaiting decision so i’m assuming we will hear today!

1 Like

Same.

1 Like

My D did not apply to Temple, but her good friend did and she has heard already that she was accepted to the MT program however I’m not sure when her audition was.

D said they announced on Instagram decisions would come after 5:00 pm today.

2 Likes

Pace: we just checked the portal and got our No.

School of performing arts tab has been updated – a No for us but with over 800 auditions, we aren’t surprised!! Good luck everyone.

that’s so scary, I haven’t heard at all I wonder why they aren’t releasing things all at once it would be very helpful and help me feel less worried

And just to clarify, it will start rolling out for ROOSEVELT after 5 pm Central time! And continue through tomorrow! (Thanks for that tip about checking instagram!)

2 Likes

Pace is up.

1 Like

so we don’t have a time frame for temple ?

I know absolutely nothing about Temple. I just wanted to clarify the Roosevelt info. Sorry!!!

Temple is rolling with their decisions (at least based on last year). They send them out in waves. If you have not heard yet I would assume you are still in consideration. Best of luck!

1 Like