The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

We had a very similar experience. As his mom I was in awe of his resilience as I am witnessing with all of you and your kids. The ratio of bookings to auditions in the industry is miniscule. My son’s coach put it so well by saying that you may not be right for every part (school) you audition for, but you can work the hardest and rest on that. These kids are incredible- looking forward to the class of 2025 crushing their college experience!!

1 Like

Is anyone still waiting to hear on Point Park MT? My D was accepted today for Acting (yay!), but her friend is still in limbo and hasn’t heard on MT. Anyone else still waiting?

Point Park: We are MT and haven’t heard anything yet.

And congrats to your daughter on her Acting acceptance!!

1 Like

In past years Syracuse releases results for drama on fridays

1 Like

With Syracuse MT Last year every Friday they released kids. So no news was good news. My son was not released till the very last week I want to say maybe late May.

1 Like

has anyone heard from IWU this week?

1 Like

American Portal finally opened up and our final decision was a “yes” (with bonus scholarship). Our train has made it to the station. Just waiting on the rest of the financial packages to catch up. :heart:

From my spreadsheet notes: per the virtual visit - the academic decision is the only decision. So if the intended study says Musical Theater, I’m 99% sure that means the kids are accepted.

I know the ride is bumpy but hold on a little while longer - we are all cheering you on.:performing_arts:

9 Likes

Still nothing either for IWU

1 Like

Nothing here yet for IWU either.

1 Like

So strange. Not sure why IWU is taking so long and yet some have heard.

1 Like

Congrats! For American (and best practice for all schools, really) make sure to confirm that scholarships are renewed each year at the same amount so there are no surprises. I’ve heard a few stories.

2 Likes

how is everyone holding up? anyone else feel like they got on the biggest roller coaster anywhere? and just when you think the ride might be coming to an end it shoots you down and up again? it’s really something

4 Likes

Thank you and thanks for the heads up about the scholarship! DS’s counselor sent that same message home on Monday - watch out for the “old bait and switch”. I honestly had no idea that Uni scholarships weren’t all 4 years!

Anyone else still waiting on Texas State? We haven’t heard anything since the “You are still in the running email.” I know they have offered spots and waitlists. What’s the difference between waitlist and hearing nothing?

Yes to the rollercoaster. Ugh. What a year. She just wants to know. Still waiting on 3 BFA programs, 2 waitlists, 3 Ivies, 1 little ivy, 2 of the 7 sister schools, and at least 1 actually doable final cost.

And a partridge in a pear tree.

7 Likes

(Texas State) - I have heard that Kaitlin does not announce a waitlist, but still uses one. In other words, offers most likely have gone out and she (and now anyone who has not heard from her) are now waiting for commitments to come in. If an applicant declines she sends out another offer. I have them as a WL due to this.

They also may just still be delayed, but we are now getting in to the timeframe when Kaitlin said things would have wrapped.

1 Like

People already got WL offers for txst and some acceptances went out but not all.

1 Like

haha love the song reference. I think i will have to write our own version…3 BA, 3 BFA, 1 WL, 3 more to hear from and I still don’t have my decision made tra la!
OMG I need a vacation

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this!