The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Same here. Nothing since the “still in consideration” message from a week and a half ago. My DD has heard of offers and waitlist notifications. But I have also heard she doesn’t do waitlists. So yes, we are still waiting and in the same boat as you.

Yes - my son is waiting to hear from USC. I heard that decisions will be out for admission and MT on 3/25.

This is what I have wondered too, that perhaps there is an undisclosed wait list. And yes, agree, that we are close to the time she said things would be decided. Do you know of any offers that have gone out since that most recent message a week and a half ago? DD knows of a couple WL notifications sent shortly after that recent message.

Does anyone who applied to American know more about the major decisions? Are letters coming out? Seems that on Elle Woods some kids are posting they heard they are MT.

Re: American, my son just got an email with a letter from the department with MT acceptance, and with personalized feedback on his audition (which is amazing, so impressed that they did that!)

(Texas State) I have not seen any, but my daughter is much closer to that chatter than I.

1 Like

Re American- My daughter got an email a little bit ago confirming admission for musical theater and with feedback on audition

2 Likes

I know no news is good news, but is anyone else waiting for any news, either way, from BOCO MT & Syracuse?

1 Like

Yes—we are waiting still from Syracuse, BoCo, BU, USC and NYU.

1 Like

just FYI Syracuse releases info on Friday afternoons, and most people have not heard from them. I don’t know about BOCO though!

Syracuse has had two rounds of decisions so far

1 Like

I have heard that BoCo is late - March 31/April 1, and all at once. BU is March 27 (saw that listed in another thread).

1 Like

I have heard that Manhattan School of Music will release decisions late this month. Does anyone have more specific information?

regarding SYRACUSE, have they sent out both yes and no decisions? And do you know how long they keep the rounds of decisions going. Someone yesterday mentioned not hearing til mid to late May?!?!?!

1 Like

Re: Syracuse - In “normal” times RD is 3 Fridays (after 5pm EST) in a row starting the 2nd or 3rd one in March. It’s also a combo of yes, no & waitlist. No rhyme or reason that I can figure out.

@mauidad - As a BTDT Parent, is that about right?

1 Like

Waiting on BOCO (contemporary theatre)- supposedly late March, and NYU by 4/1 and BU 3/27.

Based on what an admissions counselor told me from IWU they will be done communicating decisions tomorrow. We’ll see!

We received a no for MT from Point Park yesterday around 3pm via email (not through getacceptd). Same day got waitlisted from another school and a yes for MT from another, plus two top academic yes’s, so that eased the sting a little bit. I honestly can’t wait until this whole process ends and my son can enjoy the rest of his senior year. Congrats on the acting! We live in Pittsburgh if you have any questions about the city, happy to help!

5 Likes

I got into Cornell! They notified me early and I an a regular applicant

14 Likes

Waiting on Syracuse, BU and Tisch

1 Like