The Class of 2025 -- Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

My son is on if too and he found it helpful.

1 Like

OMG…I totally agree with you. My daughter got into quite a few schools academically, then it was the big wait to see if she got into the MT program after her auditions. We still get schools calling to try to get her to commit even though she didn’t get into the BFA MT program. It kind of stinks for her and us (her parents).

Us too, plus Northwestern. We know the dates of Tisch (31st), BU (27th) and NW (24th). Syracuse seems could be today or next week or some future Friday?

1 Like

@KatMT thanks so much for reaching out! I’ll email you :slightly_smiling_face:

We are still waiting on Point Park, Webster, UMiami and Northwestern over here. I am jealous of those of you who are done and talking about decisions but congratulations to all your terrific kids for making it through!

2 Likes

I totally feel this. My D was waitlisted but I think we are going to take a drive up Sunday (only 2 hours for us) to walk around Boston and see where we can peek our heads into at Emerson. It would be great to have some interaction with a current student and see some of the facilities.
If even she doesn’t get off the waitlist, Boston is always a great place to visit!

4 Likes

We’re waiting for Syracuse, BU, Miami, USC, NYU, and BoCo… it’s going to be a long week around here.

Two of my students heard back from Webster yesterday by e-mail.

Waiting on BOCO, NYU and BU. Hoping for artistic waitlist movement at Marymount and Molloy. Waiting on academic reach schools that still have something unique to offer a theatre student- Barnard, Brown, Columbia, Wesleyan, Wellesley and Yale. And of course that unicorn of a doable financial package.

Playlist: Wait for Me (Hadestown), Waiting (The Band’s Visit), Waiting for the Light (Big River), Wait for It (Hamilton), One Day More- played every day until all answers are in- (Les Mis)

11 Likes

We are waiting for BOCO and Texas State. Fingers crossed.

Tisch told us April 1. I know it’s only one day, but those 24 hours are LONG!!!

@starbuck71 …adding to your playlist: Waiting for Life to Begin (Once on This Island) :blush:

And then there are these…
Tomorrow (Annie)
I Believe (Book of Mormon)
Hold On (Secret Garden)
My Shot (Hamilton)
Breathe (In the Heights)
Go the Distance (Hercules)
Climb Every Mountain (Sound of Music)
The Impossible Dream (Man of La Mancha)
This is Not Over Yet (Parade)

7 Likes

@soozievt these are so great! Let’s also add “I Know It’s Today” from Shrek :blush:

3 Likes

“The waiting, the waiting, the waiting!!”

6 Likes

Hey! We are also waiting on Syracuse, BU, Miami, USC and NYU! Wow. We have been moving this week and my daughter (lucky her) was at the beach for spring break, so I haven’t been on CC much. I am pretty sure that BU, NYU and USC will be at the end of March, but do you have a sense for when Syracuse and/or Miami may release decisions?

1 Like

This is the one in my head - but we are only waiting for one more summer intensive. I think of all you guys each time!!!

@Mamacitateatro exactly! :joy:

not an MT song but remember that old rock and roll song…So Tired Tired of Waiting Tired of Waiting for Youuuuu

3 Likes

I took the 31 March date from another thread but just noticed it says “on or around 31 March”. So your info direct from Tisch is probably more accurate. Sigh.

1 Like

BTW - looked at the general BU page and it looks like last year they released decisions on March 21st. Sounds like in past years it’s typically been the 3rd saturday in March - so who knows, might be this weekend!