The Class of 2026 – Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

First post here.
We are very thankful with life since my daughter’s decision has come to two great schools: BoCo (MT) vs. CCPA (MTD). She really likes both schools.
We would like your kind opinion on what’s the best program to attend.

4 Likes

Waiting on NYU Steinhardt, BoCo, Emerson, Hartt for MT.

MSM, Mannes, Queens, Bard for Vocal Performance.

3 Likes

We are waiting on: Fordham, Syracuse, B.U., Pace, Purchase (waitlist), Penn St (waitlist)

3 Likes

Can’t go wrong with BoCo - but can’t speak to CCPA.

3 Likes

great programs! and somewhat similar in that both very urban. i believe boco has a larger cohort tho they do divide them up. this is where a visit might help her get the intangibles such as vibe or feeling she connects to most. also cost could be a factor as boco is very pricey and doesn’t give much ajd.

3 Likes

a lot of people toured roosevelt during chicago unifieds and the general consensus is that the dorms are really nice if that helps any

3 Likes

Fordham posted to portal today. We didn’t get an email. No for us but hoping it’s good things for you! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

No for us too. That one really stung for him. Ah well, moving on.

Does anyone know if the waitlist for Emerson theater and performance tends to move?

2 Likes

It’s a very expensive school so there will be movement!

3 Likes

Anyone who auditioned for IAB have any results? They said two weeks after callback. Just curious during our wait if it was really two weeks or longer.

My D was accepted but won’t be going there . She is leaning towards either Hartt or CCM.
She is sending the letter today, so hopefully the spot goes your way :wink:

4 Likes

My S has an acceptance to Hartt, among some other programs for MT. I have been able to gather a good amount of information for the other programs but would love to hear any thoughts people have on Hartt as we have not been able to visit there yet and haven’t gathered or seen as much information on them as others.

1 Like

My S is still waiting to hear from NYU, Columbia and Boston Univ. He was rejected from BFA program at Pace and Point Park. He got into BFA MT at Ithaca, Malloy and Emerson BFA/Honors. Rejected at Yale and Carnegie Mellon. Sometimes feels like no rhyme or reason for acceptance or rejections.

6 Likes

My son was accepted there but will likely not attend.

2 Likes

My son was rejected yesterday from Pace MT

2 Likes

D just heard from U Miami

4 Likes

Has anyone been accepted or WL at UNCG for Acting?

We’re in the same boat! My son really likes what he’s heard about Hartt and I’ve reached out to a few parents with mostly positive feedback. We are planning to visit on the accepted student day on April 3.

1 Like

Any thoughts on Molloy/CAP? I don’t think we can make it in to visit until later in April.