MT Class of 2028

I haven’t seen a thread for Class of 28 to share their journey yet, so I figured I’d start one! Share your school lists, prescreen results, questions, audition experiences, etc!

1 Like

I can’t believe the time is here! Thanks for starting this thread. The MT Parents fb group is fantastic but dd does not want everyone knowing everything she does. We are in the thick of prescreens and applications and while it’s a lot (26 schools!), she’s tearing through essays and we’re enjoying one of our last big projects together while she’s still at home. Cheers to the class of ‘28!

2 Likes

Hi There. Wondering about timing. My daughter will not be submitting her applications and prescreens until probably the first week in October. It seems like everyone is submitting now! Do we need to worry about not getting an audition if we don’t submit until 11/5?

Sorry for the late response! I also submitted have been submitting everything relatively early. I would suggest she try to submit some relatively early, but she shouldn’t be at too much of a disadvantage if she doesn’t.

Has anyone heard from Penn State about audition? My DD applied in October and suppose to be hearing back on 11/13 as per the timeline. There was another round before this one who applied by September 30th, so curious to know.

Hi. How does every prior year thread have so many posts by this time, but not nearly as much for this year? Is there another thread I am missing for tracking college prescreen acceptances and audition next steps?

Not sure. Maybe because the thread title lacks the “Sharing, Venting, Discussing!” that let people know what to do here. :slight_smile:

Maybe the ritual is less needed than it used to be or FB groups are where the action has moved to?

I’ll give some update! Daughter’s list expanded from 11 to 16 in late October, mostly due to the allure of some fee-waived applications. She still has nine of these to complete the application process on, ones that required extra essays or wildcard videos. She’s aiming to get these done in the next few weeks.

So far, she has two MT prescreens passed (Emerson, Fredonia) and got notified of her first rejection today (WCSU.) We also drove from NY to Emerson yesterday and she did her first college audition there. She enjoyed the audition and I think it felt good just to have gotten more of a sense for the process.

We also visited nearby SUNY Purchase on Friday night and saw their theater BA program’s production of How to Defend Yourself, which she had wanted to see when it was in NYC a few years ago. The production and performances were strong and I think that was great for her to see it’s not only the conservatory programs capable of doing good work, that even a safety is home to talented students who take the work seriously

I did not apply, but two of my friends heard today.

what did they hear?

They were both no’s unfortunately

Thanks! I did find another thread with a little more activity labeled [Musical Theatre Majors - College Admission 2024], rather than Class of 2028. Guess I’ll just see which gets the most activity. My S just completed his 10 or so applications/prescreens last week, so now we’re waiting to hear. Best of Luck to everyone!

1 Like

The other thread is called Musical Theatre Majors-College Admission 2024. Not sure why it didn’t copy over to my prior comment.

2 Likes

We heard from Penn State on 11/13 as well and she has audition scheduled now! :crossed_fingers:

If anyone applied to Boston Conservatory MT program by November 1st, they should hear on November 16th if they are called back for auditions.

1 Like

heard from pace

1 Like

When did you submit Prescreen to Pace?

oct 28th

1 Like

what were your results?

passed!

1 Like