The Cost of Attendance at Bama

<p>Wow, if the numbers 2girlzmum has are correct, that’s a 21% increase in the cost of the silver meal plan! That seems like a lot for a year over year increase. The super suites increase was between 8 and 9%. I wish freshman could choose a more reasonably sized meal plan.</p>

<p>Edited to add: I wonder if that $1634 number is a mistake. That’s the price of the GOLD meal plan for 2011-2012. It seems odd that the silver meal plan for next year would be the exact same price as the gold plan from this year.</p>

<p>2 girlz…</p>

<p>Where are you seeing that COA?</p>

<p>Does it say “silver plan” or does it say “meal plan”?</p>

<p>So the super suites are now $8,800 per year? And we still don’t know the cost of the meal plans for the fall, correct?</p>

<p>Does anyone know how many meals per day the gold and silver plans cover?</p>

<p>Also, does anyone know how is food handled during Outdoor Action? Do the students pay cash? </p>

<p>And finally, when does the food plan begin? The first day of school?Thank to all of you. You have been so very helpful!</p>

<p>So the super suites are now $8,800 per year? And we still don’t know the cost of the meal plans for the fall, correct?</p>

<h2>----Yes about the super suites. I will try to find out the cost for meal plans. I’d be surprised if the above amount is correct.</h2>

<p>Does anyone know how many meals per day the gold and silver plans cover?</p>

<p>----- Meal plans don’t cover “meals per week” like some schools do. Some school allot X meals per week (such as 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners) , and if you don’t use those during those TIMES and within that week, you lose them. Instead, Bama allots meals per semester for the student to use as he chooses. Bama does provide a meals/week guideline, but that doesn’t mean meals are lost if you don’t eat them all in a week.</p>

<p>Gold…220 meals…guideline 14/week 10 guest (which student can eat)
Silver…160 meals…guideline 10/week 10 guest (which student can eat)</p>

<p>of course there’s the Unlimited plan as well</p>

<p>For upperclassmen, add these choices…</p>

<p>Bronze …90 meals…guideline 6/week…10 guest</p>

<p>50 plan…50 meals…guideline 3/week…0 guest.</p>

<p>Also, does anyone know how is food handled during Outdoor Action? Do the students pay cash? </p>

<p>------ I’m not sure how this is all done. I think kids can use their meal plans for dining halls, but I think there are also some funded group meals elsewhere… Hopefully someone will chime in with details.</p>

<p>And finally, when does the food plan begin? The first day of school? Thank to all of you. You have been so very helpful!</p>

<p>---- Meals plans typically begin the first day of move-in.</p>

<p>I don’t know about OA, but for the FF part of AA the breakfast was in the dining hall and didn’t require using the meal plan, lunch was the student’s cost on the road, dinner was covered by AA at the restaurant for the groups. If I’m not mistaken, they may have received a credit back later for the cost of lunch.</p>

<p>So this is weird. On mybama, under the financial aid section where I can view my scholarship, I am not given the option to accept my award. The tab that reads “Accept award offer” is not clickable. However, next to the individual awards, it says that I have already accepted them, but not the loan. Now I know for a fact that I never accepted any scholarship awards; I was very careful to not do that until I was ready. Does anyone know what I should make of this?</p>

<p>My son’s were that way as well. I was looking around on his account but wanted him to be the one to “accept” his scholarships. You actually “accept” your scholarships under a different tab, student I think it says scholarship offers…</p>

<p>XXjcat…</p>

<p>If you continue to have this issue, send an email to <a href=“mailto:scholarships@ua.edu”>scholarships@ua.edu</a> and tell them. include your full name and CWID.</p>