The Golden Bachelor - CC Discussion!

Production concocted drama. It was a 2nd marriage, after having lived together for 10 years and having already had 3 kids together. And the ceremony was at City Hall.

At least that’s what I’m telling myself

2 Likes

Sandra’s choice to be on Golden Bachelor rather than her D’s wedding would be a red flag (not a positive) for me.

4 Likes

Well, our S is getting married this week—both kids are mid 30. and it is 1st marriage for both after 6+ years of being together.

Publicly being on a show vying for a partner is a very theatrical venue and of course there will be drama accented by the producers for extra effect. Trying to sift among 22 people under the public spotlight in short time frame is not something many would willingly do—it takes a lot of willing participants to make it work.

Well, we don’t know all of these stories nor do we need to. Is it terrible that the one who left last week left right after her daughter had a rough pregnancy/delivery? I personally thought it sweet that Sandra’s daughter gave her her blessing to go on the show - she probably knew her mom was the bomb and would be a great contestant! What a stable, loving relationship they might have - not our ill-will to have!

Nancy always seemed to have a little reservation about being there or her moments with Gerry.

Faith is not my favorite. She is a little less obvious example of Theresa to me.

I love Susan and that was so sweet what he gave her and the why. I would doubt she doesn’t make it past next week. I’ll miss the fun of Kathy, April (by the way, I think she is stunning) and eventually/maybe, Susan.

How FUNNY was that game of “never have I ever”!!! LOL and then Sandra gets sick!

Also, I have a hard time liking the one (can’t remember her name!) who got the ATV date. I also wonder if she was going to get pelted by debris with her little top and shorts on!!! The hot tub scene was a LITTLE awkward to me!!

3 Likes

And oh my gosh, Trista looks fantastic!

And, I don’t know why but I don’t think he will actually end up marrying any of them. Just a feeling. He looks at each one of them in the same way. I don’t see that “I’m in love” look in his eyes for anyone.

Is marriage at this point the goal? Or just a long term relationship with a ring not being needed? A question for him of course and the women. My guess is some of these women def don’t need a ring. But a commitment of another sort.

Did we ever hear if Gerry has done much if any dating since his wife died? I don’t recall. I DO think he developing some deep feelings and affection. - not sure if it needs to be labeled love at this point.

3 Likes

Gerry was on Jimmy Kimmel. He said he had done some online dating and told a funny story about one encounter.

2 Likes

Once again I’m going to be at volleyball and miss the show. Will catch up tomorrow.

Ugh. He kept the three women I like the least! :rose::rose::rose:. I think I know who he’s going to pick, though. When does he choose? Is it the episode after the family visits?

2 Likes

Pre-empted here due to coverage of the manhunt.

I’m sorry, you could probably use an hour of mindless Golden Bachelor drama right now. :mending_heart:

2 Likes

They usually have an episode of The Women Tell All before meeting his family and the final rose.

Does he go from 3 to 1 or is there a week with only 2 women remaining?

He actually picked the 3 I thought he seemed most connected to. The only one I thought might have gone either way was the one he eliminated last. Looking forward to the home town visits.

1 Like

For the regular Bachelor/Bachelorette, the episodes are longer. He narrows it down to two then has each of them meet his family and then breaks up with one just when she thinks he is going to propose. For some reason, I think they will do things differently with Gerry.

1 Like

We watched a little BIP and that was good for a little levity.

2 Likes

He goes from 3 to 2 (I looked that up) Not sure if there is a Golden Bachelorettes Tell All or if they go right to the finale.

1 Like

I think I know which one he picks. If so, Gerry will act like the male stereotype and pick the youngest looking and sexiest. I don’t think she’s the best match for him. She’s still working; he’s retired. In and of itself, that’s going to make a relationship difficult.

I was bothered by the fast forward meeting grandkids. One asked “Are you going to be my new Grandpa?” I don’t think you get kids involved until you’ve settled into a real relationship. Adult children are fine–they understand the concept of the show. But not young children.

Anyone read the NYTimes opinion piece trashing the show?

1 Like

I was somewhat amused by the group of four doing the Hora in the pool and singing Hava Nagila - going back to Bat Mitzvah party days? Is this something that’s done in JCC water aerobics? :wink: One of the women is wearing a Star of David necklace and now it seems like several of them are indeed Jewish. I saw one article about Gerry that mentions him going to Catholic school. Interdenominational marriages are certainly common, and there wouldn’t have to be a discussion of how to raise the children! But it could be interesting discussion blending extended families.

Does anyone else think Sandra was having some physical issues last night? She stayed out of the pool and lagged behind everyone running to meet Gerry on the Santa Monica Pier.

I have a theory about the final three. My theory is that Gerry has no intention of picking Theresa - too weird and needy, plus he may feel she was somewhat manipulative in the whole Kathy drama. I think he’s trying to decide between Faith and Leslie. (He does seem to have a type, not just physically, but women who make him feel manly - protective and strong?)

But I surmise he’s stringing Theresa along because he doesn’t want to raise the hopes of someone else, i.e. Ellen. Possibly it’s a producer driven narrative because she certainly goes all out emotionally! And Theresa must have quite a self filter when she looks at herself in the mirror because her evening wear choices are not flattering.

1 Like

Why oh why did he keep Leslie/Theresa over Ellen?? Ugghhhhh. It was pretty obvious that Sandra and Susan had no chance of getting a rose. Faith is the only one left that I’d like to see him end up with. Leslie is way too needy and has a lot (A LOT) of baggage, and Theresa has rubbed me the wrong way since right after her one on one date with Gerry. I felt really badly for Ellen. I thought she’d make it to the home town visits.

5 Likes