The Golden Bachelor - CC Discussion!

Hmmm, interesting. I had never heard of a fantasy suite before.

Oh, they’ve always had them. Trista, the first Bachellorette, said they were so exhausted they just slept once the doors closed.

On the flip side, it doesn’t seem like Hannah Brown and Peter Weber got much sleep in their windmill fantasy suite. :wink:

I think it is funny that they still get an old fashioned key to the room and not a key card.

1 Like

Smush Room® was unavailable to be used. :joy:

1 Like
1 Like

I’m not surprised that more assertive women are finding it difficult to find the right match later in life. That’s what I’ve noticed among my divorced friends as well. They make great buddies but I think they’re open to romance too.

At 86, my dad has found the nicest girlfriend. They don’t do more than cuddle (Dad had to tell me that, ha) but they’re very happy together. She is so kind, smart, and fun. I think she’s 84 or so.

5 Likes

I came in late … how did the sisters like Gerry?

I’ve seen this mentioned in other articles as well. They are referring to themselves as ASKN (April, Susan, Kathy & Nancy).

What they want to do is reimagine The Golden Girls for 2023 in the form of an unscripted series (with Nancy and April, of course) to continue showing what it means to thrive in your 60s and 70s. And based on the success of Golden Bach , ABC would be crazy to not at least explore the idea.

1 Like

Oh, come on!! You gotta be kidding me?!? Boooooo!

1 Like

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

3 Likes

Just started watching. My first impression is how different Theresa’s face looks next to sisters’ faces. You can see how much work she’s had done - I like her sisters better!

“What do you like about my mom?” “The way she looks at me.” !!!

Also noticing Gerry seldom closes his lips.

Oops, Faith just basically said she won’t move. She looks very much like her sister. I like her sons.

Well, he certainly was clearer in the “love” declaration with Faith than with Theresa.

Quite a strong greeting with Leslie. Seems more comfortable with her. No public declaration of love - is that a good sign that they kept it “private?” First time he used the word wife?

OMG Leslie’s dress!

Is he trying to give two women heart attacks?

I’m sticking with my theory that he really doesn’t want Theresa. And loves both Faith and Leslie, but couldn’t find a path where he and Faith could choose a place to live. So I’m betting he’ll send her home to avoid further pain (for her, but mainly for him :wink:).

My guess is Leslie at the end, partly just because of their body language.

Play by play is done!

6 Likes

I can’t tell whether we are victims of editing, which makes it seem that he clearly prefers Leslie and Faith.

I liked Theresa more surrounded by family.

I don’t know, man. Would you go on the show if you wouldn’t even entertain the idea of relocating? Again, I suppose it could be the editing, but Faith looked a little dug in.

This is a personal pet peeve of mine, but when Leslie’s daughter said that she literally is her best friend I cringed. I love my kids so much. We are close. But I would never say they are my best friends.

5 Likes

Faith is connected to her home, because her horse is buried there. Theresa visits her daughter’s family daily. Both seem unlikely to move.

I laughed as the women attempted to run into his arms. Theresa embraced him on her tip toes. Faith kicked up her legs and Leslie went for the full leg wrap. :smile:

1 Like

Me, too! I thought that they were going to cause him to throw his back out!

2 Likes

I wondered if he had already made up his mind that he wants to be with Leslie and doesn’t want to give out the other rise so he doesn’t string the other 2 along.

Well, if he ends up choosing Theresa, it will be the biggest blindside (to the viewers) since Survivor. It’s hard to know how much of my impressions are due to the edit, but he sure seemed to avoid expressing real love to anyone except Faith. But maybe the producers are trying to fake us out.

I peeked at an online spoiler article (b/c I didn’t like last night’s ending). I don’t know if it’s true or not… but it didn’t surprise me.

He has likely made up his mind, but there are too many episodes left for him to leave it at one. Two women will meet his family and have one-on-one dates, before he narrows it down to one. Sometimes they eliminate one before the final rose. I can see him doing that.

Several seasons back, the leads started telling two people they were in love with them. Several confessions showed them pondering how they could be in love with two people. It feels so calculated to see the same script with Gerry.

2 Likes

I’ve thought for a couple of episodes that he’s keeping Theresa because he doesn’t have strong feelings and wouldn’t feel as bad dropping her at the end as he would with other women. Much of this show is about his emotions! He might be the fragile one.

It seemed to me that he had a different comfort level and ease with Leslie - how they looked at each other, body language, etc. Not looking so staged. Plus, as I noted above, first time I think he used the word “wife” (vs “married”, which he has said often) was with her. And their love declarations were not in front of her family but while alone. So said to each other instead of for show?