The Golden Bachelor - CC Discussion!

That was my thought as well.

That detail went over my head! I checked and yes, that was Matt James’ mom. Now I have to go read about him and her. I watched the first three-four Bachelors and then stopped so this one is new to me. Was he a favorite?

Maybe she looked too old? Acted too old? My mom would be 87.

She seemed “frail” to me in her appearance and movement.

Matt’s season was shall we say, controversial. But he and his choice for a final rose are still together. (SHE was controversial and therefore him, lol)

1 Like

@Lizardly ,The one who probably looked the most like Gerry’s late wife to me was Sylvia. She said something to the effect when she met him, like- I heard your celebrity crush is Penelope Cruz, well here I am!
She was one of the six he eliminated on the first night.

2 Likes

I could never stay up all night. Holy cow.

Secondly, I didn’t watch it all. What was with the one lady in a track suit at the end???

Do you mean Renee, the former cheerleader? I thought she might get picked since her outfit stood out as different, from the Midwest and maybe similar look to his deceased wife? I thought wearing the track suit made her memorable.

Or do you mean Jimmy Kimmel’s aunt who was sleeping at the end and I think was just in there for “the funny”. I think she was in her 80s.

To me, the track suit seemed memorable for seeming out of place in that setting. Yes, that was Renee, who has already been eliminated.

1 Like

Oh, okay. I didn’t see Renee arrive. So, she wore the track suit the whole time?

And I saw Jimmy Kimmel’s aunt arrive. That was funny.

And Patty. She reminded me of Celine Dion. So tall and thin. Imagine they say a camera ADDS 10 pounds in a picture!

Yeah, she used to be a Chicago Bears cheerleader so got out of the limo and did a slightly risque cheer. So, da Bears lose again.

Yes, Renee wore the track suit the whole time. I thought her entrance was cringe worthy. Doing a cheer and then ending her cheer with replacing the obvious f word with another word at the end.

None of the 6 women he eliminated were a real surprise to me, including Patty. You gotta start somewhere!

1 Like

Awwww…did you catch this at the end of the credits? :broken_heart:

2 Likes

Yup.:broken_heart:

1 Like

Damn. That is both sad (wish she could have seen Ellen and her accolades to Roberta on the show!) and super sweet and heartwarming. <3

Fans slam Golden Bachelor producers for the ‘not proper’ bedroom conditions

LOL, I’ll have to agree that twin beds with a decent mattress, ok. BUNK BEDS, I mean I think it’s ridiculous that any adult has to climb to sleep!

5 Likes

How many days are the in the mansion this season?

I get that some women may not want to climb into a bunk bed, however, in their introductions, a lot of women are very active (dive with sharks, aerobics champion, horseback rider, etc.). In previews, they show dates with them rappelling, four wheeling, etc. Maybe the producers figured, if they can participate in those activities, they can climb into a bunk. Dunno. :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

As an active person in her 60’s, that doesn’t mean my body doesn’t benefit sleep wise by a good mattress and a little room to roll over! It’s not like it’s physically impossible, just not a desirable situation!

4 Likes

I travel regularly with a group of friends, and we’re all in our 60s. These,trips are generally active – hiking, skiing, mountain-biking – so we are all pretty fit and sporty.

The one time we rented a house with bunk beds, we had to figure out who got up the least in the night to use the bathroom to assign the top bunks. That was an issue!

7 Likes

Even now, at 65, I accept the top bunk when with friends - I’m just more spry.

That said, it’s a cheap-o move and one that should have been thought out…and I’m disappointed if I find out they did think it through.

3 Likes

Skieurope probably knows… How many days are they usually at the mansion before they hit the road?

It looks like the mansion is 7 bed/8 bath. There were 22 women to start. Six got eliminated so 16 people need to stay in the mansion. If they used all of the bedrooms for the contestants, how many bunks would they have needed?

I’m wondering if the women (and Gerry) were given the opportunity to sleep prior to the morning rose ceremony. If that is the case, they would have needed extra beds/bunks for all 22 women. Jimmy Kimmel’s aunt seems to have slept on the sofa, so maybe they only needed 21 beds. :joy: