The Golden Bachelor - CC Discussion!

Too bad you didn’t watch it. It was enjoyable, at least probably to most of us that DID watch it!

2 Likes

Yes, for my husband to like it says a lot, ha. He liked Gerry and the woman who sang the song. DH is not much younger than Gerry.

3 Likes

What in the world made Sandra think that this was a good idea?

1 Like

I’m in agreement. I certainly am no stranger to saying the word, but I would never use it on a first date.

3 Likes

That was one of the reasons I was surprised Gerry kept saying, “These women are all so classy.”

2 Likes

In my experience and that of my friends, we older folks sleep less, not more.

I’m so glad to see so many join in on this show discussion! Welcome to the veteran Bachelor watchers AND the new to this type of show watchers!

(Also if it’s not your think, no problem. While there will be plenty of opinions and debate over the season just “drive by” if you don’t care for the show itself!)

Already looking forward to next week. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Am i thinking of someone else? I thought Sandra was really fit. Isn’t she the one shown throwing the football in one shot and power walking in another? I was watching really late at night to catch up so I might have her confused with someone else.

2 Likes

I haven’t watched any of The Bachelor franchise since the first 2-3 seasons. But I’m giving this one a try after seeing this thread and watching the promo videos. :smiley: Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, thank you for pointing that out! I re-watched part of the episode (now available on ABC’s website for those without DVR), and it was Sandra tossing the football and exercising. I think it was her 10” heels getting out of the limo that made her move so gingerly. LOL

1 Like

I agree about those heels! She did not look steady on her feet there, which is why she stuck out to me throwing that football. She has a great figure, but that walk out of the limo did her no favors.

1 Like

Also, I love that they are using Lil Boo Thang in the commercials, especially as it samples a song from our youth. Perfect choice – contemporary but also a throwback.

Also, Jesse said, “This is the final rose of the morning.”

I’m not sure why it ended up being all night. Most seasons have more contestants and still get to the rose ceremony in the evening.

First night on every season runs until 6 a.m. at least.

1 Like

I know there are many takes and they are up until early morning, but I don’t remember seeing light in the window behind the women. And does Jesse say that it is the last rose of the morning?

vs

I don’t remember that, but TBH, I FF through the rose ceremonies

I distinctly remember him saying morning as I’d never heard him say that before.

1 Like

I’m still on vacation but opted for a Hulu watch.

I was surprised by how much I liked the episode.

I can see several already making a connection, but names have eluded me (like every season, takes me a bit to catch on). I personally really liked the woman who sang the song. She really seemed to be genuine and interested in what was happening.

I’m ready for the next episode. I do also wish they were 90 minutes long.

1 Like

One contestant reminded me of my mother. She was tall, thin, white haired, and had a natural elegance. She was not chosen. Did she look too old for Gerry? Or just not his type? His wife was darker and chubbier (let’s say more voluptuous). I do wonder if he will pick someone resembling his wife in appearance or personalty.

1 Like

Was that Matt James , the former bachelors mother? Shorter hair and quite thin?

1 Like