The Housing Thread

<p>Hello again, everyone. I hope the holiday season is treating you well. </p>

<p>I was hoping to create a thread that can be used for prospective students and parents who desire to learn more about housing, how to apply etc. and to get current student and parent opinions/experiences concerning applying, procedure and what to expect.</p>

<p>I will start with some questions/concerns of my own:</p>

<ul>
<li><p>I have not received housing sign-up in the mail as of yet, despite being accepted perhaps three weeks ago. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the fact that I've had some problems submitting my deposit and that I, in fact, haven't submitted it yet. I looked at the UW-Madison housing site, but am not sure whether applying for housing on that site will be void in light of how I have not yet submitted my deposit. Your thoughts?</p></li>
<li><p>I would be very interested in a listing of the pros and cons of each dorm and Lakeshore vs. Downtown in general. Current students' perspectives on each dorm's culture will also be interesting. I expect such descriptions to be very generalized and possibly even false, but will at least give me some idea of what to expect from each dorm and can make a decision partly based off that fact.</p></li>
</ul>

<p>Many Thanks and "On Wisconsin."</p>

<p>The instructions for logging on and registering for housing are included on the flyer that accompanied the hard copy admissions letter that you have received by now. Or just log onto your MyUW account and register for housing.</p>

<p>Please check old threads from recent years. The information and opinions remain the same.</p>