The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

@goldenfygg‌ same! january 15 rolls around and I’m feeling good about myself until I realize that I forgot to submit all my essays! That’s my worst nightmare

Nah mine is that Jan 15th comes and I realize that I submitted everything exactly one minute late, and now the AOs won’t count my app.

@‌ mathman1201 -

USA swimming posts motivational time standards on their website (usaswimming.org). Some local swimming association uses them, others use “Silver”, “Gold”, and additional higher standards.

Is the deadline Jan 15 at midnight (what time zone? ET?) or whenever it hits Jan 15, that’s it?

I want to try squash and crew but apparently the exeter and lawrenceville teams are really competitive

@poppyknight‌ I read about a new 9th grade andover kid on cc, his avatar was a green guy in a suit, forgot his username i think dr newphew or something. He said that at his experience with crew was that as a beginner, there were still many opportunities. Not sure if this would apply to Exeter and Lawrenceville though

if you submit things one minute, or even two days late, most schools won’t care; thats what I was told at Choate last week anyways because my teachers couldn’t do their recommendations until the tenth because they also had to type everyones report card.

Sooooo hi. I’ve been like stalking this thread for days now and I just need some moral support. The stress is killing
me =.= Anyway sup, Im Yoonicorn.

Btw is anyone here applying to Lawrenceville for 9th grade?

Lawrenceville has a pretty good fencing program.

I’d venture to say that every school has opportunities in crew for beginners; this is not exactly a sport in which most new students will have had prior experience.

I’ve always wanted to try crew…

So do I @whimsicalwhims my aunt, uncle and Dad all crewed in college, and this semester instead of playing a sport my Dad is teaching me to use the rowing machine at his gym. It sound like a great mental and physical challenge. If you have access to a gym I would recommend trying to use the machine so that you will have a head start before BS.

@whimsicalwhims @baschoolsearcher: Crew? Is that the same thing as rowing?

yep @thelittleswimmer

@bschoolsearcher I have access to a gym, but they don’t have a rowing machine :frowning:

@thelittleswimmer yes :slight_smile:

I really wanna try dance and cross country or ice hockey

I really wanna try dance and cross country or ice hockey

Just for future reference… Crew is a noun, the verb form is to row crew.

Fencing is really fun - going at someone with a blade is definitely stress relieving.

@goldenfygg do you remember the thread name?