The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

Today was quite hectic… my math teacher thought I applied to three schools even though I’m not and then he only submitted one rec letter so I had to email him multiple times… And then my guidance counselor was confused over how the schools got my grades… But it’s all good now and everything is submitted on time. Still waiting for one Andover rec though but it’s due in February.

Hm, that makes me think… If Andover apps are due in February, then the AOs must make decisions pretty quickly!

Yeah… I wonder how they get them in time! They must go through hundreds of application every day!

Guys…I’m still doing it .-.

I’m a 9th grader applying for 10th grade at Exeter. Is anyone else worried, now that the application process (for most of us) is done, that if we get in, actually deciding to go will be really hard? It’s a big concern for me, since I’ve already started high school and made friends and stuff.
But I guess we can worry about that after we get in.

OMG I SENT THE APP IN 30 MINUTES LATE FOR EXETER AND LAWRENCEVILE!!! WILL THEY NOT COUNT ME NOW??!!??!! I’M FREAKING OUT!!! ^:)^

just a heads up my username is changing but my pic is staying the same

@goldenfygg yea turns out my counselor only sent them to andover so he just mailed my transcripts yesterday. So glad I caught that >:D<

@whimsicalwhims: I’m sure it is fine. I don’t think there is any set time limit, just the deadline to send it by January 15. I doubt that there’s a time limit set on LionLinks to not accept any after midnight.

@mathman1201: It would be hilarious if we had to submit a photo of us as well when applying, so that if they don’t remember the name, they can keep track of the faces :stuck_out_tongue:

How would you all rate the ranking of importance (most important to least important, but still important) of application materials in the decision process (in your own opinion)? For example, my opinion is: Interviews, Application Essays, Teacher Recommendations, Actual Application, Grades, SSATs.

Thelittleswimmer - St Andrews asks for a recent photo with the application

@thelittleswimmer I would probably say that different things are differently important for different people. Yes I just said different thrice in one sentence. For a sports recruit I would think that the school would be focusing on the grades and SSAT’s to see if they can keep up and do the work. But for an applicant who is really strong academically they would focus more on teacher recs and actual application. Probably if someone wrote a great essay or had a fantastic interview that could push them over the edge but it is the whole picture that the schools look at rather than a ranking of certain aspects.

I still can’t believe I finished Jan 15th without having a mental breakdown :open_mouth:

Yup, me too! Although there is A Day With Andover tomorrow and their app is due in February… I’m afraid that the kids that sent their apps in earlier may have a better chance. But who knows?

No, I honestly don’t think they’d judge on who sent theirs earliest.

I’m so nervous… I’m having a lot of trouble concentrating in school. It will only get worse… ~X(

@Britmom5: Oh dear. If I applied to St. Andrews, I would probably stress out on what photo to send. I’m not very photogenic :stuck_out_tongue:

They’d be lucky to have you!

OMG I JUST RECHECKED ALL MY APPS AND APPARENTLY MY COUNSELOR DID NOT SEND MY TRANSCRIPTS TO LAWRENCEVILLE. If everything is complete would it still be considered a late application??? ~X(

@poppyknight‌ From what I heard so far many times on this forum, as long as everything that is within your control is handed in on time, it won’t be held against you. That means your recommendations. Many said that the AO set a deadline of the 15th, use 2 weeks to organize everything and aim to start reading the apps during the start of Feb. I have it worse lol, I realized i made a mistake in my essay a day after I sent it in.