The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

@thelittleswimmer yes that is a great idea. Because you don’t want for anyone to be uncomfortable due to the unshared emotions whether accepted or waitlisted/rejected.

Is anyone else worried - no terrified- that the lack of awards won will ding your application? I sure am :-h

@Addie1643: I am too! I have academic accomplishments but they are mainly good test scores/acceptance to gifted programs, no exceptionally major awards (National Writer’s Award, etc.,). I’m taking the National Latin Exam in March and shooting for a perfect score, though!

I think I’m getting my hopes up too much. Some days I think I have a really good chance at acceptance, and some days I think to myself “Who are you kidding? All of the other applicants have much better stats than you do!” … all of this waiting is so stressful, especially for an impatient person like myself! :wink:

If you all have Facebook, if you do a search for “[[school’s name]] Class of _____”, you can find similar groups where those who have been accepted to that certain school meet. If I’m accepted to any of the schools I am applying to, I will join the “Class of 2019” group! :slight_smile: I think it is a really great way to meet others in your grade before the school year and maybe even make some friends! :smiley:

When I get back from February break it will be 15 days. TWO WEEKS. You’d think that by now I’d know how quickly it goes by…

HAALPPPP I’m dying right now. ^^

omygosh I’m working with sea turtles in Mexico for break so I’m going to try and forget about M10 for a week. Then I have a research paper due M11 so I will hav to prioritise !

I really want to know what happens behind closed admissions doors.

It’s all I dream about at night… Can’t wait till M10!!

I wish I got an email every time they looked at my application and as soon as i am rejected I get an email

I wish I got an email every time they looked at my application and as soon as i am rejected I get an email.

Imagine if your birthday was M10!

That does seem like a good idea, every criticism unwitheld so that we can know what in our application, or rather a lack of was the cause of the rejection. Or that could be horrible idea and crush me so that I am irreparably scared for life.

I want nothing more than BS right now, but I know that if I don’t get in it’s not a reflection of me or my efforts.

I just went through some Andover twitter accounts. They have a photo or two of them reading applications. Here’s one: https://twitter.com/Admissions01810/status/565553532926177280

I can’t see it. @goldenfygg

@mathman1201 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9k_7-dIAAApbRH.jpg

That looks an awful lot like students studying. @goldenfygg‌

It does look rather casual, but it was on Andover’s twitter account with the caption: “The men of Team Shuman hard at work reading applications”

I always assumed that AOs sat stuffily in a meeting room, but they look quite comfortable reading apps!

Hm yes, I’ve been on the account and it seems like quite a fun and lighthearted admissions officer is reading our applications. I did expect more of a serious tone though, guess it just goes to show how Andover is a liberal and free environment, from what meets the eye.