The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

Well at least some real people who feel are looking at our apps instead of elitist old alumni

@thelittleswimmer Sorry for the late notice, but I would love to join the blog too! :smiley:

Just imagine…Those people could’ve been reading our application right then, and deciding whether or not to accept us, right when the picture was taken…Well, that’s a scary thought…

And only 24 days until M10!!! Yay or nay?

My wacky thoughts when first seeing this picture (lame attempt at humor) and also some observations:

(WARNING: LOTS OF CAPS)

1. OHMIGOSH IT'S THE ADMISSIONS OFFICERS WHAT IF THAT'S MY APPLICATION ON THEIR COMPUTER SCREENS NOW AHHHH
  2. THERE'S A TV IN THE BACKGROUND THAT IS ON WHAT IF THEY SEE AN APPLICANT THEY LIKE AND PUT IT ON THE SCREEN WHAT IF MINE WAS ON THE SCREEN
  3. Heheh Mr. Ivory and Mr. Dignard have the same matching hats :D :D :D #greatfashionsense
  4. I have the same pencil as Mr. Graber OMG
  5. I wonder what is written on those filled up pieces of notebook paper next to Mr. Ivory and Mr. Graber. Notes? Applicants they think should be accepted?
  6. I love how casual everyone is dressed
  7. CLOROX WIPES ON THE TABLE
  8. WHAT IS THAT CANVAS/WHITEBOARD THINGY IN THE BACKGROUND
  9. I wonder what those binders/folders say ....

If you have any random observations, feel free to add to this list!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

@mathman1201: A clearer picture is here: https://www.facebook.com/AndoverAdmissions/photos/a.158574770830073.30069.148835448470672/920022968018579/?type=1&theater

All I can hope for is that the AOs are in a good mood when reading my application…(please please please…) fingers crossed

23 days omgomgomgomgomg. I have a soccer game on March 9th and the National Latin Exam on M10. Swell. Joy.

One of my thoughts was, that looks like Mr. Dignard! Oh gosh it’s him! He looks so casual, I remember meeting him in Dallas! All of the other members of the Tens Schools Association were there and a parent asked about possible drug used on campus and all of the other nine were teasing him about being drunk in Houston and he said ‘Well Bill I won’t even talk about your driving on the way here.’

Hm, it’s great for the nerves to know that these are real people and not just mystical people in robes and suits that live in a secret building annually giving judgement of innocent children. I also thing that Mr. Dig nard looks great without the mustache! :>

@02gloves I have a softball tournament of M10!! I can’t even imagine how I’m going to deal.

Why is everything on or around M10?!

I have the NLE on March 9. Piano competition the week before. Huge regional competition on M10. AYYYYYYYYYYY

Are you all going to check your decision results online or are you going to make it “official” and wait for the mail? I would love to wait for the mail but impatient ol’ me would want to check it as soon as I woke up :wink:

@Addie1643: I saw Mr. Dignard several weeks ago when I had my on-campus interview, and I think he still had his mustache. Maybe he just recently shaved it off…? But I agree, he looks great without the mustache too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Where is the online portal for checking results for Andover? I applied through Gateway and I don’t think that they would put them there.

@Addie1643: I’ll check stargirl’s spreadsheet.

@Addie1643: I checked stargirl’s spreadsheet and MyAndover is for internationals, and the online portal (not sure what that is) opens at 5:00 pm EST on 3/10. I haven’t received anything so I am assuming that Andover will email us the login information, maybe on the morning of March 10.

EDIT: maybe the online portal is goblue.andover.edu, where we scheduled our on-campus interviews? Google search only turns up “Parent Portals” for current students. Nothing about portals for applicants. I’ll do more searching. I think we might have to just email the Andover Admissions Office.

Andover sends FEDEX acceptance packages the morning of March 10, approximately before 10:30 am. Stargirl says the times aren’t exact though, so don’t worry if you don’t receive a package before 10:30 am. The spreadsheet also says that you can check FEDEX’s website to see if any packages from Andover, MA are being delivered to your home. I’m not sure how you can do this though.

@thittleswimmer That’s ok, I think I would rather just open the mail, might feel a bit more real that way. I hope I don’t regret it though, if it’s a rejection and I can tell by the tiny letter they sent. Do the packages differ in size depending on rejection or acceptances? I would think so, hm. :-/

@Addie1643: stargirl’s spreadsheet says that if you’re accepted, you’ll have a FEDEX package on M10. If you’re waitlisted/denied, you will be sent the letter/mail by snail mail, so you’ll most likely have this after M10. Link is here for the spreadsheet, in case you don’t have it: http://■■■■■■■.com/ccprepschoolnotification2014

If I see a FEDEX truck go in my neighborhood, I think I might accidentally assault the mailman as I bust through my front door in my PJs. :stuck_out_tongue:

@thelittleswimmer I know the feeling! :-h

@Addie1643: Agreed! :slight_smile: If I see the mail truck (indicating acceptance), I think I might ask for my sister to film me so I can see how ridiculous I acted that morning :stuck_out_tongue:

I really wish I didn’t have an event on March 10! I was looking forward to staying up all night stressing out with all of you guys and posting gibberish at 3 am before decisions arrive! :frowning:

How are we going to function in school that day? I’m either going to be way too tired, too depressed, or too excited.

Lol. I probably would have to take off school that day because I would be falling all over my desk from exhaustion.

Yeah, even if I go to school I’ll be useless and freaked out so might as wrell stay home