The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

^ I’m pretty sure I will scare my teachers with my bloodshot eyes too from anxiously staying up all night o_O

Guys, relax! Schools will make sure you know the portal info in the days leading up to M10.

Stargirl…the voice of wisdom and reasoning on CC … :wink:

Yep, she has a way with that. Just a natural leader I guess.

It’s hard to believe that in less than 8 months some of us will actually be at BS. Hopefully all of us.

Hopefully…Oh my! I’m so nervous now as wether or not I will get accepted :scream:

Ugh, I can’t even think about it. Too much anxiety and nerves that can’t handle thinking about not getting in, and on the other hand the anxiety and nerves of going and thinking about logistics and buying capable winter coats.

@Addie1643: If you’re looking for a GREAT winter coat, Eddie Bauer is the best place to go. The jackets are all made of down so you can be warm and toasty quickly. Higher fill power = more warmth. They seem really expensive on the website but I got mine on sale so I think maybe it was about $60(?). My mom’s really good at finding deals, haha. Eddie Bauer jackets are pricey but worth it compared to the winter weather in the Northeast! If not you could always try the North Face.

I guess I’m really lucky then to be in a state where the summers can be as hot as the Southern states and the winters are usually comparable to those in the Northeast…I’m well prepared for both types of weathers! :stuck_out_tongue:

@thelittleswimmer‌ Yes I love Eddie Bauer! And greeting all the way from Texas. :v:

They still call it Eddie Bauer?! I thought they merged with LL Bean. :-/

Hm, I didn’t know that they merged with LL Bean but yes it’s still called Eddie Bauer because I steal my dads sweaters from there all the time.

Still have Eddie Bauer stores here in my area. @stargirl3

I checked Google. It says that LL Bean is a competitor of Eddie Bauer’s, but no mention of the two merging. Jos. A Bank did buy Eddie Bauer, though. Is that what you meant?

@thelittleswimmer I must be mistaken! For some reason I thought one bought the other but it’s really just that we don’t have EB around here.

You see this is why I love CC! Here we are stressing abiut M10 and we distract ourselves with discussions of sweater makers, ha!

If I do end up going to BS I’m going to stock up on lots and lots of sweaters. I hear that L.L. Bean boots (or duckboots) are very popular at BS during the winter months. Same with Patagonia jackets.

In my opinion, waterproof boots would be great to wear during the Northeast winter seasons rather than L.L. Bean/Uggs. I have a nice pair of waterproof boots (they even have this little cord at the top to tighten the opening), so it is really nice for snowy days! I can practically jump into a five foot snowbank and jump out with almost dry boots. It’s great also for rainy days because my socks don’t have to get wet. :slight_smile:

I just realized that this post sounded suspiciously off-topic. I got the idea from goldenfygg’s post about lots of BS kids wearing L.L. Bean boots, if any of you were wondering. :wink:

well hopefully we will all have a pair next winter :smile:

I found out my ISEE results on the bus (that is when I read my e-mails) and had a silent screaming, celebration while people looked at me. Imagine us on the bus or in the cars or walking on March 10th sobbing or celebrating

@londonlady Oh my gosh!! That must have been so hilarious for the spectators and for you I imagine every time you see the street that you were on or the bus that you were on and think of that amazing moment. I hope I don’t find out my results in a public place, I would much rather be at home so that I’m free to scream, cry, dance ridiculously and sob without fear of judgement (my parent obviously don’t count because they already love me and have to accept me). lol 8-}

@thelittleswimmer and @goldenfygg if accepted one of us should start a forum on fashion and what to bring to BS where other current and former attendees can post on and give advice, telling what they brought and needed. I for one think about it constantly. Clothes? Furniture? Lamps? Vacuum? Printer? Books? Hangers? Shoe storage? How much clothes is appropriate to bring?

See now I got myself in a tizzy thinking about it all.

Most people advise to pack lightly until Parents’ Weekend, then go home/go shopping to get what you’ve decided you need.