The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

Got the email!

Hey guys, quick question:-

I got the Andover email about accessing my decision on Gateway, but I didn’t submit all of my application on Gateway- my current school policy had transcripts and recs mailed to the schools, and so I don’t have anything on Gateway that says “Your Application is Complete!” or something. Does that actually happen on Gateway, & will I be able to view my decision even though I didn’t finish my app on Gateway?

…Should I just email the admissions office? XP

Don’t worry. It will probably be fine. @thatwritingdream If you’re worried, I would call them.

@thatwritingdream: You don’t receive an email from Gateway, you receive an email directly from the Andover admissions office saying that your “application is complete and now will be sent to the admissions office for review.”

After I sent in my Candidate Profile for Andover onto Gateway, I started receiving weekly emails from the admissions office/my Andover personal applications advisor telling me what I still had to submit. When I submitted the final part, I received an email that said: "Hello thelittleswimmer,

Your application is now complete and has gone to the committee for a decision.

Good luck with the process."

**If you still do not see any confirmation **, I would call the Admissions office at 978-749-4050 during their office hours (M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., EST).

I hope this helped! :slight_smile:

@thelittleswimmer‌ Yeah, I received that email, and I know who my advisor is… I was wondering about the actual decision, though. The latest email said it would be on Gateway. Where on Gateway? Did I need to complete all parts of my app on Gateway to get the decision? :’/

I’m going to email the office tomorrow, anyway. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your input! Also @mathman1201‌ Lol, I sure hope it will be.

@thatwritingdream:

Oh, I guess I misread your question then. If you received the email saying that your application is complete, there should be no reason for you to worry that you will not receive your decisions on Gateway. I did not receive any Gateway email saying that “my application was complete” either so I’m not sure if they even send those emails. The admissions office knows that some things can’t be submitted all on Gateway so it does not depend on the Gateway confirmation email at all, it depends on the admission office’s confirmation email.

The email sent from Andover did not say where on Gateway it was, but on M10, it will be clearly stated, so don’t worry about it. I’m guessing that it will be on the homepage perhaps and maybe there will be a “Part 4” that says “Admissions Decisions” on it. Possibly–just my thoughts. I don’t think Andover has used Gateway for admissions decisions in the past. It was on a different website for last year, if I remember correctly, through Andover’s own “portal.”

Ohh, thank you. Yes, a Part 4 makes sense. :smiley: That’s a weight off my mind…

Thanks so much, and good luck!

Dreaming was fun when M10 was far away, but now that it’s so close, it’s just cruel.

It blows my mind/freaks me out that in a week, all of these dreams could 1. become reality or 2. go down the toilet.

Yikes. I’m just trying not to think about it, honestly. Worrying won’t affect the decisions- they’re probably already in- and freaking out will only ruin a perfectly good week. Let’s just live life, go with the flow, and make the best of whatever happens! (coming from a person who will probably get rejected from all schools) :expressionless:

The stats format is up, so if you have time, I suggest filling it out before M10. :slight_smile:

I don’t know…freaking out has kind of become routine now.

@stargirl3 isn’t the stats thing for after acceptance/rejections?

@mrnephew She wants us to fill out the part of the stats/interviews/etc so we don’t get biased after decisions.

I’m re-reading Stargirl in honor of CC. :smiley:

I love that book
It is sooo cute

It’s cute but kind of sad. Apparently there was a sequel to that book too!

Never read it.

The sequel isn’t as good.

I liked the ending-- The part where she ends up exactly where she’s supposed to be ;). I guess that can be interpreted many different ways… IDK… that’s just my interpretation!