The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

@Mercurrii i just looked at my scores i got a 2088 which is a 71st percentile. I’m gonna buy practice books soon and study properly before my test in december.

Also, congrats! You did awesome. Honestly, i feel like it’s unnecessary for you to retake it since you did so well. I think any school would be satisfied with a high score in the high 80s.

@SolarJ COngrats!

@ens2006 ahhh congrats! 2088 is really good, too! All of you guys are hella smart, you’re soo gonna get into good schools.

I think anything close to or above 90%tile should be decent. Your may be better off focusing on your essays. Our DS takes his ISEE in 2 weeks though he tends to do well in practice so he needs to focus on his grades…

@ens2006 Don;t worry about the interview. Just a friendly chat to see if you can talk about yourself, that your parents did not force you to apply against your will, and a general idea of your family. If you thought they went pretty well, they did.

I’m trying to write a good essay! My History teacher knows a retired English professor, and I’m going to ask him to review my essays, so hopefully they can be decent.

@PrepDad2018 i was stressing because everyone talks about how important interview are

@ens2006 they are, but a word from my Hotchkiss AO " the interview is only a part of you as a person." don’t stress b, you’ll do amazing!

@ens2006
thanks so much!

I got 2154. I’m still going to a take it again in November. I was pretty upset at myself.

@soo2024 yeah, me too. what did you trip up on? (what was your lowest section and why?)

@Mercurrii Every section was around the same, but weirdly Reading was my worst. Normally it is my best section when I practice. I think I ran out of time.

@soo2024 yeah, me too. reading dragged my whole score down quite a bit…

@soo2024 & @Mercurrii
Same! I was so angry at myself, and like soo, it’s usually my best section? I got one of those ye’ old timey english poems, and died inside.

Guys, chill. You’ll be fine. Anyone who got above an 85% overall, you’re good to go at every school. No school has an average above 92% (maybe that’s changed since my admit cycle? Hm.), you’re definitely in the range. Anyone below that, don’t sweat it. You can retake if you want your score to be a little better, but you’re probably decent at most schools.

At this point, the main thing is interviews. (Maybe not so much for you @TheHappinessFund since you’re ABC, but that’s ok!) Go out there, do your best with what you’ve got! And make sure to keep your grades up, this process can crunch on your grades and now is not the time to forget your schoolwork.

You’ve got this, y’all! I believe in you!

When everyone complains about a 86th percentile and i’m just in the corner with my 70th percentile.

@RedLioness Thanks for the reassurance, I appreciate it haha.

ALSO
@ens2006 the rest of your profile is so great you’ll still get into wayy better schools than me! Also you’ll definitely get it raised, you’re hella smart.

@TheHappinessFund @ens2006 yall have an actual resume lol I’m just here-

with nothing special to contribute-
oop
sidenote-
@TheHappinessFund what did u write for the perfect day essay for choate-
wait nvm ur ABC whoops

@Mercurrii Jesus, how many essays are there? I only had to write two…