The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

I’m a current student at Exeter if anyone has any questions.

Ooh, what’s it like?

Hardest thing to get used to?

Favorite/Least favorite thing about Exeter?

Anything Exeter applicants should know?

How effective would you say Harkness is?

(These questions also go for @flowergirl1214 by the way)

@mondaydevil i love how someone just offered to answer your exeter questions and you asked someone else to answer them. lmao

@ens2006 Lmaoo I originally meant for @ExeterStud1 but thought last minute that flowergirl1214 might be able to answer them as well ahaha

I’m in a pickle right now, guys.
I’m starting to lean (a lot) towards a small boarding school which I first didn’t like. After visiting the campus and having a fun interview with the Dean of International Relations of that school, I’m starting to think that I would really belong there and I’d accomplish more there. The school’s located in Seattle and after visiting both Seattle and NH this summer, I love Seattle more 100%.

The school’s matriculation is pretty good and I love their programs; do you think going to a school where you would have the most fun (academically) and accomplish more be better or would going to a prestigious school with challenges be a better choice?

(I’m thinking if I go to this school, I’ll probably enroll in a local community college so I could jump straight into my education)

@SolarJ I think I would apply to both and see which accepts you. If both do, go with the one you’d have more fun at! If you like Seattle more, definitely go there instead of NH.

Go to the school you love.

I’m confused about the community college comment though. Are you talking about community college at the same time as highschool? Or right now? Neither seems like a good idea to me. If the highschool you love is so weak academically that you need community college at the same time then it’s a waste of money.

There are also rules about enrolling in cc and then transferring to a 4 yr college (I think???) so that bears some research.

Oh my god, I was freaking out on a thread like this only a few months ago. It’s kind of crazy! All these new hopeful CCers…it warms my heart.

I go to Andover, and if anyone has any questions about applications or life here, I’d be happy to answer to the best of my ability!

^ feel free to ask questions about deerfield!

careful reminder that as January creeps upon us, SCHOOLS HAVE DIFFERENT DUE DATES FOR APPS. do not, I repeat, dO nOT rush your essays because it’s due Jan 15th, and you did the Jan 31 one first. and check what you still haven’t submitted/gotten ready. such as, but not confined to:
-Art portfolios
-Transcripts
-Your candidate profile
-Teacher Recs
-Personal Recs
-Music portfolio
-That one youtube video for hotchkiss.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk :0

Also most applications are due midnight est but some schools have strange time deadlines - 5pm for instance. So check the SCHOOL’s website for each school!

@SolarJ you’re wicked smart so i feel like going to that school in Seattle vs. the NH schools you’re applying to is a waste of time. Why bother going to school out of the country if you’re not going to be challenged?

@ens2006 wait isn’t seattle in WA? So that’s still in the country right.
@SolarJ But also the only BS in seattle is the northwest school, am I right to assume it’s that one?

I think SolarJ lives in Korea. (I have family in Korea lol)

@mondaydevil
@TheHappinessFund
@one1ofeach
@ens2006

THank yaLL for the amazing advice! I’m so soft right now thanks so much
I’ll keep your words in mind; I hope we all get through this exciting process together!

@mondaydevil that^^^^^^
@TheHappinessFund
@one1ofeach
@SolarJ

Same to you guys !!

I’m so glad I came across this forum because of how much I learned and the awesome people I met. :]

Two side notes – First, what are your predictions for m10?
For me its
Andover - Reject
Exeter - Waitlist
Choate - Reject/Waitlist
Concord - Accept/Waitlist
St. Mark’s - Accept/Waitlist
Groton - Waitlist
St. Paul’s - Reject/Waitlist

Also, I feel like my essays are too cheesy, advice?

@mondaydevil
All rejects-

@TheHappinessFund
@sz1250250
@ens2006

@Mercurrii Hey, think positive!! You’re a really good candidate so there’s no way you’re getting all rejections