The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

Does anybody know how Milton decisions will be posted. I thought that they would be on Gateway, but I couldn’t figure out where. I haven’t gotten a login email… We still have some time, but just wondering.

Most of the decisions aren’t on Gateway. They are usually through the schools own admissions portal, or some are sent by email. You may want to go through your inbox and check for emails about decisions from Milton. Good luck! :smile:

Eyyyy I’m from MA too and there are at least 5 people applying from my school, probably more, and many of them are my friends soooo yea.

Plus there’s this really competitive school probably full of great applicants like right next to our town. Oh, and can’t forget that private school in my town. o o f this overrepresentation.

I should stop ranting. Anyways- good luck on M10 to you (and everyone here)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1week1week1week
7days7days7days
168hrs168hrs168hrs
10080mins10080mins10080mins
604800secs604800secs604800secs

…no im not ok

k so
we’re all dying here lol what a mood.
@doodlebean8 what’s it like applying with people you know? do AO’s ever mention stuff like that?

@TheHappinessFund There are lot’s of people from my school applying and AOs haven’t mentioned anything but it’s fun talking to them about it.

uh, no, I don’t remember an AO’s asking about it.

Ig the only big difference is getting to relate to people irl about the apps, which is pretty nice. Oh, and ofc freaking out about M10 24/7 together (so basically this thread but with real ppl)

Last month in English we did lit circles, and 3 out of the 4 people in my group were applying to private schools. We spent half the time talking (i mean freaking out) abt apps so I’m honestly surprised we got all the work done @-@.

On a more serious note, I sometimes catch myself comparing myself to the other applicants- oh, that friend has 10 billion piano awards- that person’s a legacy- that person made AIME- that person is so interesting she must have aced her interview. If THEY aren’t gonna get in, why would I have a chance?
but then I tell myself to shut up, and feel rlly bad about comparing myself to them.

Oops I wrote a paragraph again
I need to stop ranting

@doodlebean8 This thread was literally made for ranting, so rant all you want!!

I guess just like a general question: between all the schools you all are applying to, which one has the ‘best’ (or like your favorite) campus?

groton: love the circle!!

Choate: new math/comp sci building, new student union, new performing arts building — all innovative

I’m super nervous about boarding school results! I’m especially scared if I don’t get accepted at any… I’m just counting down the date until M10.

I know Cate and Fountain Valley asked for a separate form to be completed in addition to the Financial Aid forms online (PFS). They are not need blind, so you have to have a compelling reason to request financial aid and they have to know what you can possibly pay. They also indicate that if there is any award, they will notify at the time of admission.

Hi guys! I applied to 8 schools and I’m so nervous about M10! I already got into a school in February in which I applied for FA. My AO said that FA decisions would be sent very soon and I still haven’t gotten it yet after almost a moth, should I be worried?
thank you and good luck next week!

I’m unaware of any school that releases FA decisions before admissions.

Oh okay, thank you!

@schools1234 i got an email from Milton when my app was complete telling me that “an online application account was created for you, allowing you to check the status of your application to Milton Academy. An email was sent to your parent(s) prompting them to complete this account setup. Please note that your admission decision will be posted here as well.”

Best campus for me has to be a tie between Deerfield, Cambridge School of Weston (I love windows and plants). I applied for Phillips Academy but it’s basically at the bottom of my list (100% my safety school haha).

There are so many beautiful schools!! Every one we visited has grounds more beautiful than our city’s “Central Park” (it’s the official name: it is not at all NYC).