The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

congrats to @Chan2006 and @MentorBee , summer programs are a wonderful opportunity! so sad y’all didn’t get quite enough FA…

I advise not checking your email until tomorrow morning. shut off notifications, try and sleep tonight - I mean it! I could barely sleep after getting my UPS notif from Exeter. also, consider this: so many schools are in the NE region that it almost doesn’t matter where the notifiers is from bc it could be from one of 5 schools and at this point you’re really just working yourself up.

@amumof2 @JustWinginIt that’s a really kind offer, I wish my parents had done that! it gets stressful, decisions, I’m just glad most of mine came on a Saturday morning, fresh off a school week.

@Golfgr8 thank you for the poem, it’s lovely!

try not to stress, best of luck!!

@RedLioness - Nice job on the Freakout Thread this year. Thanks for your calm and steady presence as the OP and for guiding the ship!

We just received our Kent package in the mail! First acceptance down! My daughter is thrilled and is just waiting to get home.

@CrackersCrayons Congratulations to your daughter!! And good luck for M10!

Thank you so much! I wish you the best as well!

Welp, it’s officially M10 where I am…

For us there were also emails that came just after midnight 4 years ago. We were up way too late/early while D was sleeping peacefully. Wish you all the best.

Congratulations @CrackersCrayons !!

Heck, the way things are going, school might be cancelled anyhow.

The school district adjacent to mine closed all their schools today because a spouse of one of the teachers is suspected to have coronovirus. Mind you, there’s only one confirmed case in the county, and that case is unrelated…

@CrackersCrayons Congratulations!!! It must have felt so good for your daughter seeing the acceptance letter!

Congrats @CrackersCrayons, let this be the first of many acceptances!

Does somebody knows if international students receive the decision on the mail or through internet? I’m kinda worry that if some school send a letter it would be here a couple of days late, the mail system is horrible in my country.

@lulicardoso, depends on the school you applied to, most of them will give both, especially if you’re accepted. You should definitely expect a decision to come in an email (or portal) in any case, regardless whether you’re accepted, rejected or waitlisted.

Anyone hear anything from Williston? I believe they are sending out emails this afternoon…

My daughter screamed when she read her letter. I still can’t believe that my baby’s leaving home two years early.

Does anyone know if PEA is need blind? I believe I have a strong application but had to apply for full financial aid. Will that affect my application/decision?

Sorry if this provides a measure of torture to some (really), but we just got a Fedex notification from our 1st choice school. Hoping for the best.

PEA and PA are both need-blind I believe, meaning needing full FA won’t affect your decision. Good luck!

There is no school in our town tomorrow due to local elections. I’m planning to work from home and blocked my calendar so no meetings. I got my DD a small present to show how proud we are of her no matter the outcome. She is heading to a friend’s for a sleepover tonight. Can you tell which one of us is more stressed?!?

Can you by any chance tell us what school that is?