The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

@DroidsLookingFor Could you possibly let me know as well?

We’ve gotten 2 acceptances! One I can say, Williston Northampton School (WNS) which we love!! Just got the email. And another I found out too early so cannot name it yet (that’s rarely mentioned on this board, do not stress- but we love it!) sooo yess!!!

P.S. We are applying to several little known “gems” so all you PEA Andover Choate people, hang in there, your’s good news will come soon enough :smile: :smile:

No FA info yet, but still :smile:

1 Like

@DroidsLookingFor can you message me as well. New here and do not know how to send an inbox message. Thanks

@LeeLeeB Congrats!!! ?

Just received a ‘decision reminder email’ from Nobles. Wonder if it’s send only to rejects because it sounds so cold. It goes like this:

—-
Hello,

Admission decisions will be posted on Tuesday, March 10th, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Please log into your ravenna-hub account and click on the “Decision” link underneath your applicant’s name. A decision letter will be mailed to you as well, on March 10th.

We thank you for the time and effort you have put into your application.
—-
Until 4:00pm tomorrow will be a tough wait.

Messages sent.

For everyone on this thread, I hope everyone is taking this nerve-wracking time to spend a little time with their kiddos, before all our decisions come in. I personally, am learning how to play on a PS4, and being very untalented at such endeavors, I am failing miserably. Anyone her PS4 game fans?

2 questions for the veterans, and moderator @skieurope:

1. Is M20 freakout thread where we share decisions as they arrive (e.g. "XYZ decisions just posted! DC got in!"), and then once they are all in, that's when we switch over to the 2 official decision threads, to keep those "clean?"
  2. Thinking ahead to the revisit cancellation issue and people needing to gather information in the absence of revisits -- I am wondering if there might be a coordinated way of sharing information about the different schools. I know we have some "ask about X school" threads, but I am wondering if there might be a more targeted effort to rally the expertise and experience of CC members to help fill that revisit gap for this year's applicant pool? (Not trying to pass the buck for someone else to set something up -- just trying to avoid creating random threads in a gunshot approach.) But maybe a place for anyone to share any impressions from recent visits or experiences to help those who planned to visit next month but now cannot?

How do you get fedx notifications ?

Correct

Probably a good idea although I’m open to suggestions on how to best structure.

Congrats to everyone on here who has received early good news!!

I don’t even remember this level of angst when I was waiting for MY University decisions back in the day…

I was even checking CC while on my evening jog .

One more night …

@3171Apples a lot of our decision reminders in the past week have been cold or brief or just the facts like that. Same with the ones a month or more ago telling to set up the portals. I think you should read nothing into that. I’s the same email I’m sure for everyone.

Hey are you guys going to school tomorrow?

@Smolderinghottea Yes I am. Sadly on Wednesday I have an exam.

How do you guys receive FedEx or UPS notifications?

@Smolderinghottea No, but not for good reasons… though the first CA coronavirus death happened in our local hospital and there have been a number of concerns, our schools haven’t shut, so we’re “extending our weekend” until the schools sort out their path ahead :neutral:

@saddoughnut27 FedEx and UPS notifications can either be by text or email but it is something most people already have setup. I have had it for ages because I get a lot of packages. It takes a few days to come into effect so there’s no point thinking of doing it now as it wont work before M10.

Good luck tomorrow.

@saddoughnut27 Also I’ll add that notifications often require exact name matching, so even if you already have the service, the child’s name will likely not trigger the alert. So really – don’t stress. We have less than 24 hours! We can do hard things together!

and ps. @saddoughnut27 – I wrote a story on a thread about…wait for it…donuts! So you see, that’s four minutes of your wait you can fritter away.

(You see what I did there?)
(you’re welcome)

Seriously, cheering you on!!

For those of you who have not been on earlier today, you can get comic relief from my annual “Night Before March 10th” poem at #1033?