The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

DD Accepted by Andover

Waitlisted from Deerfield as well riPPERONI,

Waitlisted at Deerfield as well.

@AceNtheHole Congrats to your DD!

Thank you so much!

Waitlisted at Andover! I’m kinda sad but it’s fine. I’m going to chill for the next few hours. The thing I’m more worried about than looking at the decisions is telling it to my parents. They’re not really involved in all this and wants me to succeed; I don’t know how to break the news (be it good or bad)

@SolarJ I’m sorry

@SolarJ I just kinda told them casually like “oh i got waitlisted and rejected”

@SolarJ

Yeah, my parents generally want me to be accepted by they haven’t been very involved in the process. They don’t know the names of half the schools I’m applying to.

I’m so disappointed in myself for being straight up rejected from Andover and Deerfield.

@Chan2006 Hey, it’s okay. Only a small bump, like they said in the letter. I got rejected too if that helps. This thread definitely seems a lot more rejection-waitlist heavy than last year so maybe it was just really competitive this year? Anyways you’re not alone in this and we’ll get through it!!

also thinking about class of 2025 stalking our thread for 2021 application season. you can do it child!!

(im sorry im in a weird mood rn)

5 Likes

Waitlisted at Taft; Rejected from Andover ;(

Waitlisted at Andover!!!

The reason (in the other thread) that people are asked, even begged, to give all their results is that there are ultimately way more rejections and WL than acceptances. This kind of distribution is normal and you are all helping applicants understand that. Thank you!

And remember, you only need one.

@Chan2006 I’m not good at consoling people but I just want you to know that you shouldn’t be disappointed in yourself. You have a right to be disappointed of course, but please, not in yourself. The fact that you’re here and applying to these schools shows that you are a dedicated student. You will succeed no matter where you end up as long as you keep your determination. In many ways, a school is what you make of it. A boarding school will not directly help you with succeeding in life, only you can help yourself. I wish you so much luck!

Guys do Andover and Exeter send emails too? I can’t login today for some reason!

I have to go to my math academy right when the other school’s decisions come out. Dang; I wish I don’t have to go today.

I haven’t been on in a while due to traveling, but DS looked at his phone yesterday and said…oh! M10…flashbacks! And then while waiting at the baggage carousel, we all sent y’all positive thoughts! M10 may not turn out the way you thought it would but I can promise you, everything happens for a reason.
We are all cheering for you!

Rejected from Andover lol