The Official M10 2022 Freakout Thread

Does anyone have any new updates about M10 and at what time are all the decisions coming out/does anyone know when the taft decisions came out last year.

There is a thread from last year with all of the times, and they tend to be the same each year. I believe Taft usually comes out just after midnight.

1 Like
5 Likes

right- it’s nice to see more people talking now bc it was just, like, dead a while ago.

1 Like

Last year the portal opened at 7am M10 for PA. There was an email detailing this on the 9th.

interesting to see there are a few that announce before M10

I got into two pre m10 schools and I’m so excited! I’m just worried my hopes are too high bc both are girls-only with 150-200 students so they don’t get as many applicants. I’m just worried when the big coeds schools come rolling in m10 my mental health will suffer. I know it’s kinda entitled since most people here haven’t gotten results yet but I can’t help it.

I guess my consolation is that if no prestige coed school takes me, I can take Foxcroft’s Equine Science class, or Chatham Hall’s January fun classes in peace :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Woah congratulations!!! Those schools sound awesome! Also, you don’t need any of those “prestigious” boarding schools to be amazing! You’re a highly accomplished individual already, so don’t worry too much about M10 :grin: (I wish I could take some of my own advice though-)

2 Likes

congrats!! i don’t think its entitled at all. i’m really happy you have great options already!!

There’s something very fun about watching a countdown to a date get smaller and smaller.

Also, after a while of reading old freakout threads, it’ll be fun to be an active participant in some of the CC traditions! Like the poems before M10, watching people worry about FedEx/UPS notifications, someone coming to say “don’t worry too much about UPS/FedEx notifs, I got zero notifs and still got into great schools” and the like.

What are all of your favourite CC pre-M10 dilemmas?

I’m just wondering how I (And most likely everyone else on the thread) will fall asleep on M9

3 Likes

Same here! I might just pull an all-nighter.

I am not going to sleep M9 because Taft comes out right after midnight. Also just my nerves I probably won’t be able to sleep all week

It literally hit me so hard today that M10 is just 5 days away, and all of a sudden I worried so much about everything :grimacing: it’s my second time around too

2 Likes

literally. I’m having so much anxiety thinking about it and I don’t know what I’ll do on that day if I get waitlisted or rejected to be honest. I’m applying for sophomore year so its more nerve wrecking because its generally harder. I wish you luck on your admissions!

3 Likes

Sophomore year for me too! Definitely stressing since I’m not a recruited athlete or famous/rich. Idek what I’ll do whether I get rejected, accepted, or waitlisted. I have a Model U.N. conference on that day too.

1 Like

Ohhhh good luck! I;m not a Model UN person, I’m more of a science person, especially with topics like Biology. I tried to get recruited as a soccer player because I play club soccer, but that didn’t work. Which schools are you applying to? I’m applying to Loomis and Suffield academy as a day student!

I’m just re-applying to Exeter. I love history and classics (and thus, ancient history the most)!

1 Like

ooooh i’d love to give a poem a try… ok, ahem… give a warm welcome to my sleep-deprived literature

perhaps in a perfect, perpetuated place
a faraway world where i hold time and space
my choices on m10 would extend far and wide
to wonderful offers that could teach me to thrive

but alas, i am only a little, teenaged human
and my mind presumes a day of doom and
honestly, i’m just trying to get through
all of the homework that i’ve still got to do

so though march 10th still looms and shakes
i offer to you all, my friends, a short break
take a seat, take a drink, non-alcoholic, of course
for we are the kids who are walking the course

of a long winding road that is soon to arrive
at a place of heaven or hell inside
but remember, whatever the magic door holds
don’t go down because of what an ao told

you are more than a google doc
you are more than the ticking clock
you are not just applicant number three-thousand and two
you are, quite obviously and extensively, you.

(yes, ik, cheesy. i honestly had no idea where that poem was gonna go at first so i just wrote whatever. it’s more of an attempt at reassuring a ‘freaking out me’ than anything :sob:)

22 Likes

Does anyone here know the nuances of how FedEx tracking works? I’ve had it since last M10, but over the past year, I’ve noticed that sometimes a package will be tracked, while other times it’ll just show up at my door without any sort of previous tracking. I almost don’t want to check FedEx this time around because it adds an extra layer of stress. Iirc, people started getting notifications of packages on M8 last year which is tomorrow!