The Official M10 2022 Freakout Thread

Don’t check. Like you said, you’ll be giving yourself an extra layer of stress which you don’t need.

2 Likes

I don’t think it is reliable. For our regular purposes at home, the tracking notices from FedEx, UPS, and USPS all have times when they do not give the right notices. And schools, it seems, can choose not to be tracked. Try to just keep yourself busy! Exercise outside to tire yourself out. My son is not even aware this week is M10, but I’m a total wreck (holding it in!).

2 Likes

yah, my son had a slight freak out yesterday at hockey practice ( I was on the ice coaching and after skating sprints he just hyperventilated a little and I told him to take a seat). With a combination of lack of sleep an he just wants to know, he is used to working really hard and getting results but when its close he just wants answers. This current generation is so used to instant results, I get it.

3 Likes

How do the results for financial aid come out? Is it the same time as the results or is it a different page that we need to check?

2 Likes

It usually comes out with your acceptance decision

2 Likes

Can you believe all the things we waited for as kids through the mail? Somehow I have lost that patience, but my kid is totally fine. He thinks he will get in somewhere and is just going about his business. He didn’t get his patience from me, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

We have 3 notifications via DHL and every time I try to track it, it states tracking is not available until the package is accepted by DHL. Do some schools send via DHL?

1 Like

Don’t worry about package notifications. Last year we had an acceptance (and 2 rejections). The swag didn’t arrive until March 11.

1 Like

Is this fed ex / dhl tracking something for US applicants only? or do they send packages to successful international applicants as well?

I think sometimes schools switch carriers, so you may not know what they use this year. In the past I think miss porters and lville may have used dhl.

You may be able to see what they use from admission’s IG account. They may post pictures of mail being sent tomorrow.

I have another question, where do we check Peddie decisions?

1 Like

We saw sth mailed from NJ through UPS tonight, and Lville is the only school we applied in NJ, so we think it’s probably from them.

3 Likes

Lawrenceville Admission Office on Instagram: "Team #SayLYeahtoLville crushed today’s admit box packing party! 💯🎉📬" Probably.

Anyways, I was oblivious to the whole FedEx/mail thing back when I was an applicant, and honestly, it might have been for the better. M10 is almost here, guys; you’ll be fine. I know waiting is hard, but don’t worry!

As an aside, I didn’t receive my mailed acceptance package from Lawrenceville for a good week after M10. This is especially odd given that I live very close to the school (I’m a day student there).

5 Likes

Ohhh I was too scared to apply last year, especially because I didn’t have the best grades(not that I didn’t have good grades, just grades that were slightly under my other friends grades who were applying). Exeter is very hard to get in but I wish you luck! My old friend goes there now and I have been asking him what it was like. He says that there are around 2-4 tests every week. I love history, science, and math(kind of). I like learning about U.S. history but not ancient history, especially world civilization(my school’s making me take it and I absolutely despise it). I really wish the best for you and will be praying for you!

2 Likes

Good luck to you too! I love all history, just ancient history is what I find most fascinating because of how wacky it can get sometimes (e.g. the Romans losing a battle because they threw the sacred chickens into the sea (Drepana), and when the sister of the person who lost at Drepana was stuck in a traffic jam, she said something along the lines of “If only my brother was allowed to command more” implying that there would be less people since his brother would lose the battles). I’m definitely feeling the stress about M10 now, definitely more than last year. Best of luck to you too!

3 Likes

I’m feeling so nervous about M10. I haven’t received anything from almost all my schools, except Mercersburg. I’m beginning to think I made a huge mistake on my application, but I’m trying to stay positive. What are you guys planning for March 10th? Will you guys go to school? Open the results at the same time? Open them as they came?

1 Like

thanks for the tip. DD applied to Lville, George School, and Blair.

I’m also feeling that stress about thinking I’ve made a mistake by re-applying (I applied last year and got waitlisted). I have a Model U.N. conference on March 9th and 10th, so personally I’d have to miss school either way. Opening my only decision (Only applied to 1, also regretting this) is either going to ruin my morning or brighten it.

I would just go to school, then when you get home open the ones you have. Going in opposite order of preference.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know when I should open my decision, I feel like I should wait till after school but idk. I’m also applying to exeter for 10th grade. I hope we all get in!!

3 Likes