The Official M10 2022 Freakout Thread

hmm, I see quite a few people here applying for tenth.

You mean in general, or exeter specifically?

just this thread. I was going to apply to exeter but decided against it

gotcha, wbu are you applying for 10th?

The thing is, I would do that, but I would be so nervous and anxious during school so… (also, here’s another person applying for 10th grade :smiling_face_with_tear: ngl I really don’t expect anything good on M10; I already know what I’ll feel since this is my 2nd time through the process)

I think it’d be best to wait until after school though.

question - do schools send rejections through the mail too???

2 Likes

I’m applying for ninth, schools like Andover, Choate, like that.

3 Likes

I don’t think so.

1 Like

I am also applying to tenth to exeter

Do you know anything about the difference in acceptance rates for 9th and 10th? Some people say it’s harder, yet some say easier??

10th grade is a bit harder if I remember

1 Like

Ok :sob:

I’m assuming it’s harder for 10th grade this year. Last year, because of the surge of applicants, some schools overenrolled in their 9th grade class.

Bruh… FFFFFFFFF

When i had my interview, I asked and he kinda avoided the question. He said less spots are open but less apply.

No. There is no need. The acceptances will send letters and swag by mail. It will either be an email or portal. Our acceptance last year was via email, I wasn’t sure if it would be email or portal and told my kiddo I would not check until she got up. However when I logged in to my email there was a big congratulations email.

1 Like

Do you see where it is sent from? No experience with lville but for some schools you see it from the admissions office and for some from a swag company.

Good luck!

Just 2-4? Light. I’ve had 5 or 6 at times—is your friend an underclassman?

From Lawrenceville’s newspaper (note: these numbers are from April 2018, so quite an old admissions cycle).
II Form = Freshman, III Form = Sophomore, etc

1 Like

My interviewer was the opposite. My interviewer actually went to Exeter starting in 10th, and her husband and son did the exact same. I asked her about it, and she said there was a sizable amount of new 10th-grade admits.