The Official M10 2022 Freakout Thread

Taft is coming out by portal at midnight or shortly after midnight so we have like 38 hours till we find out

do ups delivery notifications (created before i signed in) appear as well?

ogmogmgomgomg im so anxious right now. i’m kind of going to rant, so thank you for your understanding (you can just skip this reply). i feel like i’ve been taken up by excessive self-pride, and the existence of so many prodigies are, well, daunting. i’ve received ZERO ups notifications so far, and i feel like i’ve alr received 4 rejection letters… i’ve brainwashed myself into thinking that a waitlist is ideal bc i alr have a local private school i can attend, but i feel like the damage will be permanent… i literally heard sm kids at my school talking abt their BS applications, and i feel like i stepped in the process a bit TOO late. i’m not in the US, so i’ll get my decisions anywhere from 9 p.m. - 2 a.m., and i’m gonna stay up till thenn oh. my. gosh. i have so many tests this week and bad m10 results will put me into straight up depression. i feel like my family/friends are thinking that i’ll get in to at least one of the four schools i applied to (lville, mx, hotchkiss, andover), but i literally don’t even know what i should tell them when i realize that i was rejected from every single one of them. LIKE the lack of ANY ups notification is making me so anxious (though again, i’m brainwashing myself into thinking that intl students may not get proper notifs) and oh welllll.

1 Like

I know this is a nerve-wracking process, and I’m going through it too, but like my mom told me, there’s literally nothing you can do right now. Try not to think about it (I know it’s hard) and grind through the next two days. It’s only two days! Don’t worry about mail notifications or your other peers or whatever, because that doesn’t matter. Comparison is the thief of joy and like many others have said, mail notifications don’t really matter. And don’t worry about what you’re going to say to your family and friends if you don’t get in. You don’t even know if you got rejected anywhere. The other thing is: whether you get in or not, high school is just a glimpse of your life and you’re barely going to remember this moment.

5 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the advice, i really appreciate it! ahhhhh i guess i’ll try waiting a bit more & focusing on other things i can work on:) good luck to both of us!

One thing that you should know is that they’re not exclusively looking for prodigies; though each school is, well, a school, it’s also a community, and admissions departments want students who can contribute to the overall life of the school. If you show that you’re a passionate and (this is really important) good person, that will go a long way.

Also, speaking from experience, you may not think that you’re a prodigy right now; but if you’re at the right-fit school for you, you’ll blossom, and who knows where you’ll end up? The Lawrenceville class of 2021 valedictorian wasn’t accepted the first time she applied here—I’ve seen many huge transition stories like that during my time.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I have posted this before, so apologies for repeating, but there seems to be a whole host of new applicants on here freaking out (i mean, that’s what this post is for after all).

I’m a parent of a kid who went through this last year. I signed up for ALL the notifications from every shipping company, and I also included my kids name (kid had no idea that I was doing it). I wanted to be prepared just in case M10 was going to be a disaster.

The ONLY notification that I received on M8/M9 was a delivery of dog food from Chewy. Argh. Nothing from ANY of the schools. My kid received only acceptances on M10. These were mostly HADES schools.

If you haven’t had any notifications from the shipping company, this DOES NOT mean that you didn’t get an offer.

Swag started arriving on M10 with Andover around 10am.
The latest was Lawrenceville which didn’t arrive until the following week.

11 Likes

I just want to wish all of you the best of luck but also want to let you know that you all are AMAZING for going through the process of applying! I am sure you all are more self aware than ever having had to reflect on yourselves as you prepared your essays etc. Know yourself! Stay true to yourself! These things are invaluable throughout your life! Acceptances or not do not define you, or how amazing you are, nor do they determine the rest of your life! They represent one opportunity but they are not the only opportunities you will have! Good luck to all!

15 Likes

I have I think the same as you, please compare and confirm, we can freak out together

All (1)
in transit (1)
label created (1)

When I move around and play with different options, I get zero information from shipping address

You’re ahead of us! Ours still says the same as last night. I’m beginning to think, like someone stated above, that it’s a placeholder for new Fed-Ex accounts or something. The fact that you have a label created and in transit is awesome! Best of luck!

1 Like

Hi - Just out of curiosity what schools have you applied to, as I get the same message on a newly created account so it is either (1) nothing as every new account has it (2) it might be an indication from a school creating labels. For us, it is Deerfield, Choate, Hotchkiss, Lville, and Andover.

I’ll DM you, I don’t want to start any mass speculation in the event i’m wrong and its something like dog food in the mail

has anyone gotten a notification about a package from exeter

My account was made in November yet it still has the same thing as @lakelife18? IDK, I don’t think it’s a placeholder!

I applied to Andover, Exeter, MX, and Milton.

Also, International applicants, dw too much. I had package sent to me last year and it took it almost 20days for the identity verification mail to come for the customs. (Through UPS)

kinda crazy, results in 2 days!!

1 Like

@lakelife18 what schools did you apply to?

Where did you see this

ah okay, that’s, well, sort of relieving! thanks for the info!

Fedex advanced shipment tracking