The Official M10 2022 Freakout Thread

ooooh ok that’s good ab the samples and stuff. i think you’ll do good, tbh i also freaked out when i first saw other ppls’ chance mes on here bc there are quite a few that just have so much material that it’s overwhelming and all i could think was like “oh ■■■■ mine’s not good enough” (oops got censored). anyway yeah good luck and good job on what you have!!

also thanks for the info on 2E, i never knew what i meant before.

1 Like

Hi everyone! I am freaking out. I submitted all of my apps to Millbrook and Taft and to a local private high school in November so I have been waiting for months for March 10th but ahhhh the closer it gets, the more and more nervous I get and it’s all I think about. Sometimes when im bored I plan for my dorm room. I just want to know already you know?

heyy. damnnnn i admire you for submitting stuff so quickly- i’m still not done with my last app. i do relate to the m10 thing tho; as it’s slowly (but somehow quickly) approaching, i just keep thinking of all the scenarios and the worst that could happenaljdlfwejlrjfljwerlfe. yeah, but planning for a dorm room sounds fun, i might try that sometime to calm my nerves haha. i wanna know toooo agjhfjadhjhsj and good luck to you!!

1 Like

(is it possible to be too active on a thread- i feel like im talking too much :grinning:)

pls i feel like i don’t talk enough

1 Like

M10 – I’m already imagining how I’ll do the dramatic tears and waterworks and the whole shebang – regardless of my admission status.

2 Likes

I look forward to M10 with all of you. It feels quite close even though it feels far. Same cherubeeM10, I cried happy tears just for my SSAT, I wonder how much for M10.

1 Like

do they send it online or in packets? Cause idk if I can deal with the decision at school

Went through this last year with one kiddo and second is going through this year. All schools she applied to emailed by 8:30am.

1 Like

guess I’m going to be crying in school whether it be happiness or sadness

do we access decisions through a portal? or through email?

It depends on which school, but most schools have a portal to access decisions (e.g. Andover, Exeter, Choate, St. Paul’s School, Groton, Milton etc.).

They typically sent it out later in the year though.

1 Like

I don’t remember all three for sure, but her acceptance came via email, the two rejections may have been portal. I feel like at least one other was email.

1 Like

The only thing about the dorm thing tho is that it can get you more nervous sometimes too and don’t worry n one is talking too much and oh ya ive already told my family that they’re staying up with me all night to find out about my decision and even if it doesn’t come super early I won’t be able to sleep anyway.

Will the admission results be released through email or physical mail?

I remember last year that there was a thread on CC which posters updated with decision date and timing by school. It may have even been the M10 2021 freakout thread.
Schools will email applicants nearer the time with this information for you, and then CC posters pooled the info on here.
From memory, most schools seemed to release decisions early on M10. My kid already knew most (all?) decisions before school started at 8am.

I registered for FedEx and UPS advanced notifications (my kid wasn’t aware of this) to see if I could get a heads-up if any swag packages were coming to my kid. This was a BAD move on my part because I received absolutely NO notifications on M9 and thought we were heading for a disappointing M10.
Kiddo received swag (of various quality/spend) from every school over the following week from M10.

1 Like

PSA to all applicants. Read the above. Because I guarantee you that dozens of people will ask before M10

6 Likes

The 5 schools my son applied to last year all had a portal. Some were clear about what time of day the decisions would be posted but some were not. They also sent an email letting us know that the decisions were posted but in most cases the portal had the decisions available hours before he received the email. His first decision arrived at 12:01 am and the last one came at 4:00 pm on the 10th. Best of luck to all!!!

Did you register with your kid’s name? Only their names will work.

god i can already feel the tears

also i’m freaking out rn bc i still have to finish my final essay for middlesex that’s due in less than a weekkk gahhhh