The Official M10 2023 Freakout Thread

May I ask how @SoCalMomOfFour2 found out everyone’s visit days? Would you mind sharing? TIA!!

1 Like

Two things come to mind:

1. I recall years ago a semi-famous college application essay that made the rounds in the media…it was about the postage co$t of all the materials the kid received, and environmental cost of same, as well as the various good that could otherwise be done if all colleges instead spent the money collectively on X, Y, or Z.

2. Creating a dedicated email account for college application is 100000% a must.

3 Likes

@DrPrimo, not sure about @SoCalMomOfFour2, but revisit days are currently indicated on some schools’ websites and/or application portals.

4 Likes

I only found Loomis and Deerfield…

I imagine that other schools will be forthcoming over the next few weeks. On the other hand it’s conceivable that they may not, lest local accommodations be overwhelmed by preemptive bookings. At any rate, we will know before long!

Best wishes to your DS on 10 March! :sparkles:

Yup. I make the same suggestion to everyone!

3 Likes

We already did college visits in combo with BS visits in October…I really really really want them to take the PG year option. :wink:

2 Likes

And some I asked during the parent portion of the interview, in a “hey do you have a chance to come back and visit” way. Running out the door but if you want to message me about any school, I’m happy to share. Not gonna post a list in case I’m wrong. It’s been known to happen! :wink:

2 Likes

Oh, same I’m also applying to grade 9!

1 Like

18 days / 2 weeks and 4 days!!
Usually waiting feels like forever but this just feels like time is going way too quick

1 Like

I have a feeling that it’s gonna start feeling like time is moving much slower the closer we get to M10.

3 Likes

definitely once the 28th hits.

3 Likes

fr. my bday is march 13 and decisions at march 10, so im so nervous!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Happy birthday in advance!

2 Likes

Pingry school NJ day results are coming day after tomorrow 02/23 . The catch is one has to decide by Mar 9th and pay deposit before March 10th results of other schools come out.

1 Like

whoa! Are there other schools out there that do this?

1 Like

Surprising Pingry school has EA by oct 1st and already decision came out in December and half of students already joined in Dec.

2 Likes

Many day schools have earlier decision dates, and students who have applied to both day and boarding schools often find themselves having to deposit at the day school to hold a spot there while waiting for results from BS.

If you get to the point where you are going to forfeit it, you can ask the school if they will deem it a contribution so you can get a little benefit (possibly) on your tax return.

In any case, hope your news from Pingry is good, @V_B2 !

2 Likes

you can email the school if you can have a little more time to decide. I also applied to a private day school in NJ where it’s result comes out Feb 24.

1 Like

Does anyone know about revisit days? I just wanted to block the calendar tentatively. I know Choat mentioned they would have three revisit days on the last week of march. Does anyone have information about other schools in M10?

3 Likes