The Official M10 2023 Freakout Thread

Congrats!

3 Likes

Did you already share which school it was?

1 Like

Not yet. We’ll wait until Friday to share with everyone else (especially as it’s a March 10 school so we shouldn’t know the results right now).

5 Likes

Ok-

1 Like

Just a random question on top of my head.

Will schools accept a student with continuous average grades (“a-” range) throughout their past and current transcripts or a student that was in a (“b” range) but suddenly improved (“a” range) the following year?

Do you ever just get sad that M10 is on a Friday and you have the whole weekend to either be sad about it or happy, and if you’re sad you can’t distract yourself at school💔

2 Likes

well if your sad your weekend is ruined
if your happy you have extra days without school to celebrate / be happy / decided which school to go to

4 Likes

Depending on the school - absolutely! Grades are just one aspect of your application and an A/B average is one that says you can handle the work so they would then look to your recommendations, essays, extracurriculars, and interview to see what kind of community member you would be. Grades are only one piece of the puzzle. Also, A- is not “average” in any sense - it’s above average.

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

Andover link to social media is gone (used to be at the bottom of the page when logging in on mobile device).

2 Likes

@tripleaaaaaa what do you mean?

ohh never mind i just read it again. sorry, makes sense now

2 Likes

Could just be slowness in loading.

2 Likes

Anyone has UPS package from Andover yet

Last year someone got notice Monday.

how do we check?

Friendly reminder that the notifications aren’t always telling. We got ZERO notifications from the Andover package (and a couple others) and my daughter did get in. (We have all notifications activated due to work). Anyway — tea leaves are often wrong so my advice is don’t try to read them unless they are super clear.

9 Likes

that was me! i’ve been lurking because my sister is applying this year, and like you all, i’m quite nervous. but i assure you, UPS and mail notifications are great for giving you a clue to what your decision will be, but it’s not so cut and dry. my friend, at andover, said she never received a notification last year, despite their family having UPS notifications on for years. she was still admitted. just remember the true decision is from andover on friday, not whether or not UPS tells you there’s been a label made in your name.

4 Likes

agree!

and if you really want to TRY the FedEx/UPS early notification, make sure the applicant’s name, in all variations, is in the account as an alternate. (others have said this, but reiterating)

I have had FedEx/ups notifications on for years, and I only got notified if it was in MY name. Last year I added my husband’s and kid’s name as “alternates” (for a nonapplication reason) and now get notifications for them, too. I am not saying this will work for M10 stuff - it depends on how schools send things and their settings, but pretty confident it will not work if only in parents’ names…

Also, I don’t know anything about USPS or DHL…and I know some of my kids school, in past, just sent stuff in regular mail, with no attempt to ensure there on M10.

2 Likes

I am probably wrong, but I always think that the people who did not get UPS notification but got in Andover is because they did not set it up right.

2 Likes