The Official M10 2023 Freakout Thread

Yeah, i think so too.

2 Likes

how do you set up the alternates?

unrelated, but Milton is releasing decisions on their portal at 7 am est

4 Likes

I have the same question!

1 Like

they clearly dont use whatsapp (as all of us expats do!) otherwise they would know you would get a notification of being added

5 Likes

I figured it out. Log in to your account and go into your profile. For UPS, under Edit Membership Preferences, you can add household members and/or add alternate first names. For FedEx go into your profile and then FedEx Delivery Manager and there is a place to put alternate names.

5 Likes

thank you! i keep getting error it needs updating or smth like that but ill figure it out later

2 Likes

Is there typically additional contact with international families (other than the portal | email announcement)? Are FedEx packages sent? Are telephone | WhatsApp calls common?

:hourglass_flowing_sand:

2 Likes

only 1 of the 5 schools we (2 DDs) were accepted at last yr sent anything via (dhl/fed ex) - and all other contact was via email from AO staff / parent contacts etc

4 Likes

I suspect the fedex/UPS route is exception, not the norm. If I was a school I’d just save the $ and send via regular mail. I think there is some advantage to sending something to students, but effort to ensure perfect M10 arrival seems unneeded.

2 Likes

yeah im just gonna give up trying too get fedex too work and wait till the tenth LOL

5 Likes

Thanks @nat1969 @L_NewEngland

@cosierthunder I agree that this is the best thing to do!

:stopwatch:

1 Like

i feel like if you get message thats great
but if you dont get that doesnt necessarily mean youll be rejected

2 Likes

Well what schools used what shipping means (or WhatsApp :wink:) in the past? Sounds like people want to know where to look, whether it gives answers away or not. Who used FedEx, UPS, USPS, DHL?

1 Like

I just got a FedEx alert from Middlesex!

8 Likes

Oh wow… so I have a fedex notification with scheduled delivery on March 10 from “Lori Dow”… I googled that and it says she’s the associate director of admission at Milton!!! maybe I’m reading into this a little too much but I’m jumping at anything at this point :laughing:

11 Likes

anybody know if taft or the fredrick gunn schools ship packages out?

2 Likes

Why are you boys/girls so eager to guess the results? Just 4 days, wait patiently

2 Likes

How exciting @Zeography and @mirrorballgirl ! :sparkles:

5 Likes

For some it helps reduce the stress knowing they are getting at least one acceptance letter. Their desire to know is not harming anyone, so just let them do what they want.

9 Likes