The Official M10 2023 Freakout Thread

ok, thank you so much! I am also going to do track :blush:

2 Likes

First, write a follow-up email to you interviewer and cc admissions. Second, make sure there are typos in that email!

1 Like

I’m probably dumb and missing something? Why the typos?

They probably meant make sure there are no typos.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I thought they meant so it seemed like a kid was writing or smth LOL

1 Like

Anyone get their Choate package yet??

1 Like

Bro really said LOL :joy: and said someone else is a kid

Yes! We got it; it came yesterday. We are in NJ.

4 Likes

hiiii is it okay if you pm pls i want to ask you a few questions but your profile is hidden

1 Like

I am from the Mountain West region, and my son has expressed interest in a few private high schools in the Boston area. As we are not particularly familiar with the schools in that region, we would appreciate some guidance. My son is passionate about STEM subjects, particularly computer science, and enjoys writing. Additionally, he engages in competitive tennis. Based on these interests, which school would be the best fit for him: Deerfield, Milton, or Middlesex? Alternatively, could someone provide some insights into the strengths of each school? Thank you.

2 Likes

Honesty, those are all highly rejective, so the best fit will be the one he gets into. If he wants to go to BS, he should cast a wider net. Just Boston area or anyway in New England or would you consider mid-atlantic states?

Welcome to this forum!

3 Likes

Also Deerfield is not in Boston area, it’s in very far west end of the state. It’s a little over one hour from Boston. It is near Vermont. We went to see this school and applied to it but we are waitlisted. My daughter is into STEM and plays Tennis too but not competitive and I didn’t chose the school because of that…I chose because of its academically challenging curriculum.

2 Likes

Deerfield is much farther from Boston from other two on your list, not sure if that matters. It is 2 hours in a car (not 1) and will be more at certain times of day. Not a suburb or commuting distance.

We toured Middlesex, it didn’t seem extra STEM focused to me, but definitely excellent academics, a nice campus and very sporty (required team sports all 3 seasons for 2 years - no exceptions for plays, etc). Saturday classes.

I know less about the others!

You likely know this, but the Niche site ranks by STEM, I’d take with a HUGE grain of salt, but may be worth reviewing. They all ranking very highly I am sure and I doubt there is a lot of meaningful difference between top 20, etc. Usually course catalogs are online somewhere, you MAY want to check on CS. In my experience some schools have more than others. (Especially if you mean pure coding, vs. robotics and such).

1 Like

If you got from Boston to Deerfiled in a “little” over one hour, you must have flown:) Its ~120 miles from Boston.

2 Likes

Definitely Deerfield is a long way from Boston. We live in central. Massachusetts and Deerfield is still a hike from our house. No easy way there, but it is in a pretty little area of Massachusetts.
I’ve been to Middlesex quite a bit and have lots of family friends kids there. I think you were very right to say it’s sporty. Lots of athletics going on, and if your student is into that type of thing, it’s a great place to be. Obviously, the academics are strong as well. Not as familiar with their theater and arts but for some student who is into sports and academics, it’s a great place

No we didn’t fly but for sure it was a long drive. We had many stops along the way and the roads were pretty empty so it didn’t feel that far. I fell in love with that small town. We went all the way to the Yankee candle factory and that candy kitchen. Absolute gorgeous.

1 Like

@gardenstategal @Mwaka @L_NewEngland @Momtofourkids Thanks all for your replies and the info!

2 Likes

Agree it is a lovely lovely spot!

1 Like

George School in PA would check all your boxes and has easier access to an airport (phl) than Deerfield. Totally different from what’s on your list, but it could be helpful to know what’s out there to fight out what you really want.

1 Like

Did you consider Groton?

1 Like