The University of Tampa Early Action/Rolling for Fall 2023 Admission

Yes, they are close by. I asked my daughter this morning and she said they are as close as Tampa General (10 minute walk from campus), but not much farther than Clearwater/St. Pete. I think the furthest is a 40 minute drive. Congrats to your daughter!! Mine loves UTampa, and can’t imagine herself anywhere else.

Also- if you think she will attend, have her send in her housing deposit and most importantly, fill out the housing application ASAP. On campus housing is limited and is assigned on a first come, first served basis. And if she chooses to go elsewhere, the deposit is refundable.

1 Like

What was her experience with the teas test? My daughter got into the pre nursing program and U Tampa is her top choice but she is not the best standardized test taker so a bit concerned.

Congrats to your daughter! We were a little nervous about the TEAS because my D is NOT a good standardized test taker, at all. She did a lot of practice tests before she took it and did pretty well. She then took it a second time about a month and a half later and improved her score a little bit. I think the TEAS is more of a weed- out tool than anything else. Not a lot of weight is given to it in the application process.

2 Likes

We are waiting to hear from UT too. My son applied 10/18. Nothing yet. Just says “ application complete- waiting decision.” Fingers crossed & hoping to hear something soon.

What is UT decision date? Applied EA.

We’re waiting anxiously! Applied “Fast Track” on 10/21, transcripts were in on 11/1 deadline. Good luck, everyone that’s still waiting!!!

My daughter just received her acceptance now this morning! So it appears additional may have been released if anyone else wants to check!
Do they notify of scholarships right away? In the acceptance letter? Wondering since it shows she is admitted but then says they are in the process of printing the official decision letter and will post it shortly for download?

1 Like

Did she get an email or just check portal? Still awaiting decision for my daughter. App has completed as of 10/13th. A bit frustrating

She got an email. 9:32 am today. Not the norm but we will take it!

2 Likes

My kid got in also - same deal - accepted but letter is still in process. He is really happy - weird about the letter.

Did anyone ever figure out if the parent email meant the student was accepted? Portal still says awaiting but seems odd to send email if student is deferred or rejected?

1 Like

When did your daughter apply?

She had everything in on 10/3.

1 Like

The letter was in the portal by late last night. Scholarship in the letter too.

1 Like

Submitted “Fast Track” on 9/21/22 and all docs submitted and complete app by 9/26/22.
Accepted this morning-- status update from regional admissions counselor indicating that he was accepted and official letter will be posted to SpartanPortal soon.

3 Likes

AAAHHH!!! Still waiting!! GGRRR!!

1 Like

I applied EA through the Fast Track Application on 10/26 and everything was submitted on 10/28 (the deadline was 11/1). So hoping I get my result today as they told me I’m supposed to get it by 12/20.

1 Like

As decisions continue to be released, I’m curious about everyone’s feelings and plans for housing. As you know, on campus housing is not gauranteed(not even for Freshman) and the portal says housing will be released mid-July which was confirmed by the Admissions Dept.

My son was told he should hear by today as well

Ds just got his acceptance this morning, says letter will arrive later. Hoping there is some merit money coming.

1 Like