The University of Tampa Early Action/Rolling for Fall 2023 Admission

Where on the portal does it say housing will be released in mid-July? That is very, very late.

Was it just an email from advisor? My son is still showing waiting decision. What is his gpa?
Congratulations to your son

sign into the Spartan Portal and itā€™s in the ā€œcomplete housing applicationā€ section.

1 Like

The email heading was- Your admission Decision is Ready. Check the Portal for Status Update
Status Update in Portal was a three or four line _ Congratulations, the admissions committee has chosen to admit you for Fall 2023, etc and signed by the regional admissions counselor. He says the official letterwill follow. He did receive another email yesterday from the Workday/Financial Aid Portal with some merit money in the financial aid package.

Heā€™s at school, but I believe he got a email to check the portal. It said ā€œCongratulations! You did it! Youā€™re in! Youā€™ve been admitted to the University of Tampa for the fall 2023 termā€. Then it said they are in the process of printing the official decision letter. We are oos in PA, I donā€™t think there is a regional counselor here.

His stats were GPA 3.9 UW/4.2 W, ACT 30, I think 5 APā€™s and all the rest of his core classes were honors, 4 years varsity sport, team captain and typical ECā€™s.

1 Like

Should I be worry that I havenā€™t received an email/ notification from Tampa? I applied through their fast-track application.

I just called the admission office and was told my daughter was moved from Fast Track to the EA, and should hear back by 1/15. No email or portal change was made. You should call and talk to the admission officer, they will look up your name and will be able to tell you what your situation is.

1 Like

Portal had a letter that said we had a record number of applications for EA so weā€™re moving you to the next cycle and youā€™ll hear from us by March 31st. Thank you for your patience but feel free to send your mid year grades in the meantime. (Iā€™m paraphrasing). Trying to decide if we should cut our losses and commit elsewhere or hang tight? Itā€™s the housing that has us thinking this way. Weā€™ve heard too many negatives about housing and donā€™t really want to wait until the end of March and potentially lose housing anywhere else and then not even get into Tampa. Is anyone else in this thought process?

got an acceptance email on 12/18. Financial Aid portal -Workday the next day with grant $ info there. Still no official acceptance letter on Spartan Start or anywhere else.
How long did it take for our official acceptance letter to get posted after the acceptance update/email?

Thanks.

Son was deferred everything in by September.
4.3 weighted GPA
1260 SAT
Visited twice and had contact with admissions officer. There was an issue with his application and he contacted them numerous times to try to fix it.
Oh well I am sure his decision will be made by March.
Good luck to everyone else!

1 Like

Does anyone know if there are accepted students days coming up? My son was admitted and wants to visit.

Sorry, just saw this now, but the acceptance letter with merit took a couple of days to show up in the portal.

Does your SpartanStart portal show the acceptance yet?

nopeā€¦ got nothingā€¦

My son called the admissions office after a week or so without the letter in the portal. There was a glitch, which was preventing all the next steps to appear. Once he spoke with someone in admissions, it was cleared up within a few hours and letter was there along with all next steps.

Is anyone else waiting on an EA decision still? My son applied right before the deadline in November.

Here! Looks like decision deadline is 1/15. DS has strong credentials for this school.

1 Like

My son was accepted and committed to Tampa two years ago. AFTER May 1, they told us they didnā€™t have housing for him and many in the freshman class. We needed to get back our deposit and quickly go back to another school to make sure their merit offer still stood. (Couldnā€™t afford off-campus and long commute and didnā€™t want him without an RA.) Be warned: it was a horrible experience and the schools reps didnā€™t seem to care - each dept just pointed fingers at each other. Itā€™s all merely numbers to them.

1 Like

My dd was admitted with a nice scholarship, that made it affordable. I did a lot of research and
the housing situation is not for us. She is going to pass. We are from NY and the housing stress would not be worth it for us.

When did you receive the acceptance? Not familiar with the ā€œhousing situationā€ so can you elaborate?