thought i had nothing to worry about..

<p>i thought i had a pretty good chance of getting into miami..but i see i must have been mistaken. reading some peoples stats that dont think they can get in and they are so much higher than mine..</p>

<p>i have a 1990 sat score R 730 M 550 W 710
gpa-3.5 weighted
all honors courses
3 aps and 2 college courses
work experience
3 sports- 2 varsity
and some other ecs
applied EA..
have any feedback on chances?</p>

<p>You still don't have too much to worry about...your SAT scores are great and they will probably help quite a bit..the only prob I see is your GPA b/c UM's uses weighted GPA, with their average being a 4.1</p>

<p>I wouldnt stress over this too much...UM is probably a match for you (50/50 chances), tho not a safety...just make sure that you have applied to other colleges that you consider matches and safeties...Good luck!</p>

<p>thanks for the reassurance..i appreciate it very much. miami is my top choice and im worried about the entire acceptance process.</p>

<p>I think that you will be admitted,but you won't get a lot of merit money.</p>

<p>I think it's a good match for you, but as for scholarships, only a 1/4 tuition possible.</p>

<p>thankfully i wasnt banking on any money at all..possible need based but not much</p>

<p>You'll get in for sure. I had worse stats and got in. I didn't apply for fin. aid though and I think that made a diff.</p>