Thoughts on Engineering program?

<p>Anyone in the engineering program? Looks like the student/teacher ratio is 12/1 which is one thing that attracts me... Comments on the senior Capstone project?</p>

<p>I have heard TCU has a good engineering program but my son has decided to attend SMU instead. There are many reasons why he chose SMU over TCU. For example, SMU’s engineering program is better than TCU. Also they have an engineering school, whereas TCU does not. SMU also has more engineering majors to choose from too. SMU is harder to get into than TCU and a better school (ranks 56 vs 99 per US News). Also, SMU is much smaller than TCU and their class size is also smaller. TCU has over 1K more undergraduates and I’ve read that TCU’s average student/teacher ratio is 15 to 1, whereas SMU’s is 12 to 1. Most importantly, he visited SMU and felt it was a perfect fit for him. </p>

<p>However, TCU was definitely my sons second choice. In case he didn’t get into SMU he would have gone to TCU. He would rather attend a smaller school than a public university so he can receive attention from his professors. Also, TCU total enrollment is was on the high side of all his applications. </p>

<p>What other schools have you been accepted to?</p>

<p>I will be applying as of right now to SMU, TCU, Rice and possibly University of Miami.</p>