Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Got it. Thank You NoviceDad.

Dual enrollment classes are for college credits so they should not be AP classes in IMO. Please give an example of school and class. Do not take any dual enrollment class unless you can get A. These have to be reported to AMCAS even for BS/MD. These will be counted in your sGPA and cGPA. IMO, the number of APs does not matter. Do well in whatever your science classes are in your HS. For most medical schools, Calculus I and Calculus II, and/or a statistics class will be sufficient.

1 Like

Do google search and send email to Rutgerā€™s professors. Call them up. It is up to you to find a summer research project. Your HS counselor may guide you.

Go and attend NJIT and TCNJ info sessions for NJMS BS/MD during Fall and ask questions to those folks. No one can provide an answer. You have to research and reach out to your seniors in HS who may have gone through the process. If your are keen on Brown PLME, apply ED. You may have to attend Brown even if not selected for PLME.

You can enter informal AP scores in Common APP and send them only after you matriculate to the college. If the AP class is listed in HS transcript, it should be reported, IMO.

Medical schools will not consider repeat courses favorably. Unless your college does not count them as equivalent to those required for pre-meds, do not repeat any of your community college course.

1 Like

Thank you! I got a B+ in one of my courses (Civilizations/Humanities) this summerā€¦ is that ok (I got As in all my other courses)

-deleted

1 Like

Thank You grtd2010 for the info.

Please contact:
Program Director: Dr. Dennis Shevlin, shevlin@tcnj.edu for TCNJ
For NJIT contact:
Albert Dorman Honors College: honors@njit.edu OR 973-596-3057

1 Like

You have to submit your official transcript from Community colleges attended to AMCAS. It will be counted as an AO course. It is not a pre-med pre-requisite course.

Hello! Iā€™m trying to choose one of the below bsmd programs to apply to, as my college list is already very long, could someone provide some assistance?

Brooklyn/SUNY Downstate
Adelphi/SUNY Upstate
Sophie Davis/ CUNY

Also, is the UIC GPPA program for Illinois residents only?

UIC is only for IL residents.

In the Fall 2021 cycle, some applied to a dozen or more bsmds and couldnā€™t secure one unfortunately due to cutthroat competition. Curious, why do you want to apply just to one bsmd?

Iā€™m sorry I should have clarified, I was trying to say my college list is already 25+ (Including most BSMDā€™s) which is why I donā€™t have too much space for more.

How many Upstate feeder schools are you applying to?

Any idea on intake (seats) for these 3 BSMD programs?
Brooklyn/SUNY Downstate : ?
Adelphi/SUNY Upstate (and all feeder colleges) : ?
Sophie Davis/ CUNY : ?

If you have to choose one, go with multiple feeders for SUNY upstate, it has more seats compared to two others.
You may want to read this post about Sophie Davis/CUNY-bsmd program.

Ok, thanks for the advice!

None as of now