Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

For Wayne’s program, its website mentions that 25 are interviewed on something called academic day and of those, 10 are selected.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Wow, Did not know one can apply to two schools as ED at the same time without any hesitation !!! What happens if this is found out by both schools ?

Any real research with a faculty in NJMS will be seen as positive and something to highlight in the application and interview, IMO.

-Nice animations

Anyone have any pointers for the NJMS programs, specifically TCNJ, Rutgers, and NJIT? Are they very stat obsessed or do they value themes like advocacy, etc? Any tips?

Also any info about the Howard 6-year program? Is it true that you must first commit to Howard before you interview?

This thread from 2019 kind of implies that you do…:

@BrownPLME NJMS feeder schools know what NJMS is looking for and they are stat heavy. May need a SAT >=550 and close to 4.0 HS UW GPA for ORMS to have a realistic chance, IMO. It seems you are from NJ. IMO, the feeders may also limit to 2-3 (unspoken) applicants from a NJ HS who are forwarded to NJMS for consideration.

@BrownPLME For more info, contact via email -The Center for Preprofessional Education at preprofessional@howard.edu

thanks

Does the University of Houston HBS 3+4 BS/MD still exist? I can’t find an official page for it, except on a page that looks archived on the UH website.

Discontinued.

1 Like

Hi Novicedad,
My daughter is applying to bs/md programs this year. Since you seem to be very familiar with the program, I need some guidance. Could you please dm me. I couldn’t find the option to dm you.

Thank you!

@Aurora2326 You as a new user need certain number of posts to have a DM privilege. You can ask any one on this forum for free by posting here. You seem to be a desi (a guess by your user name). For ORMs, the competition in BSMD is very tough. BSMD programs only represent 5% of all US medical school seats.

There is a new entry in BSMD programs for year 2022- Yeshiva University and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, in NYC.

reqs seems interesting. students whoever admitted into this program can study first-year in abroad (Isreal - optional). 3.75 GPA requirement in BS, then 515 in MCAT. How is avg success rate through the traditional route with these stats?

Here is regular MD stats(MCAT, UG GPA, acceptance rate) for the Medical School.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine » 515 3.82 4.90%
MCAT score 515 requirement seems to be high for BSMD, IMO.

1 Like

i think the website says that studying in Israel is optional

1 Like

The Israel Program is mentioned as being optional and if undertaken, then it cannot last for more than a year because “[students] are expected to begin their studies in New York one year after graduating high school”.

Overall, this seems like an interesting program. The MCAT seems to be on the higher side though nothing to stress too much over, I guess (I don’t know since I never took it lol).

1 Like

“MSP students are able to study in Israel during the year following their high school graduation, however, they are expected to begin their studies in New York one year after graduating high school.”
Correct…“able to” verbiage sounds 1 year Isreal study is optional.

1 Like