Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

How does APME application work? Do you need to get accepted at ASU first?

Not yet after interview days

Hello! Can an accepted BS/MD student who was admitted this cycle share their stats please? Thank you!

1 Like

Does anyone know how many are accepted usually for GW program? My S has interviewed and waiting to hear back

Thank you for your response!

Agree… if they use the same logic then

Should the IT companies be stopped from opening
Should the baseball be stopped from recruiting
Should the basketball be stopped … and so on.
Should the hockey be stopped…

Sadly they are cutting the head for a headache problem.

Committing nearly 10 years of their prime life is NOT a joke and should be rewarded …

1 Like

Did any student got into AMC thru Sienna (I heard ONLY Union … 2 , RPI -1)… just wondering?. I mean acceptance after the interview

When will we get more info on case ppsp interview?

We will create a separate RESULTS thread later in the last week of March for all students/parents to share their stats, acceptances, and perspectives.

2 Likes

ill post my stats once i have received all decisions, just got into pmm so far

A couple of days to a week before the interview.

Has anyone got result from pathway to medicine at Tulane.

The programs already closed. So there is no point of what other areas must follow the same logic whatever internal decisions were made at these programs to be shutdown. Most top schools impose caps on their undergrad populations at 25% or less for Asians too.

More of the BS/MD programs will start dwindling their capacity or shut down the programs but there will be a greater rise of BS/DO programs to fill the need.

1 Like

Yes you have to be admitted first before you can apply.

My daughter was accepted to AMC through Siena last week. She also interviewed with SUNY Upstate (through Purchase) and GW through St. Bonaventure and we’re waiting to her from them.

8 Likes

Hi texaspg, thanks for your views. I am also debating between MD or DO route and want to pursue Internal medicine. I have spoken to a few DOs and MDs and it seems like DO may be a better route for Internal medicine in terms of academic pressures etc. Also DO schools tend to focus more on patient interactions early on during the medical education which is of great importance to me.

Any advise/insights will be truly appreciated.

Does anyone have any idea about Arizona interview format ?

Hello! I am a representative from the College of Medicine-Tucson who oversees our accelerated program, APME. I have received a few calls saying interview invitations have gone out but nothing has been sent yet. All APME interview invitations will be sent out by the end of the day today but I have not sent out any invitation to interview emails yet.

5 Likes

Thank you for providing an official update.
We appreciate it.

Thanks for the information. We appreciate you keeping the parents and students informed.