Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

NOTE: Not directed at anyone.

I am going to go out of the way (may get heat for it… but it’s okay i am big boy and can take it)

The Arizona incident is an example that shows stating misleading information either intentionally or w/o knowing. Similar stuff happened before on few other colleges too.

We are here to help other parents and students so please, please, please if we can’t help each other let’s not add stress/anxiety to them.

Regards

7 Likes

Fully agree.
There is already a lot of stress - why increase it?

2 Likes

Had anyone heard anything from LECOM/SBU?

1 Like

@pakoo I have been working with someone through the current cycle who is borderline for MD (received 3 interviews, 2 onhold in texas, admitted to one new for profit) who has received many DO admissions. When I reviewed their match lists, they are predominantly primary care focused with a large percentage of graduating class matched to Family medicine, pediatrics, internal medicine, ob/gyn, and in some cases emergency medicine one of the other areas. If and when you have to choose a DO school, check their match lists to see if they are matching in the area you are interested in.

2 Likes

REMS is out. Got a phone call followed by an email.

13 Likes

I got in REMS too! I’m really excited- it was one of my top choices!

15 Likes

same here! congrats!

16 Likes

I guess you got in. Congratulations.

1 Like

Big congrats!

Y’all are killing it. Congratulations

You have secured a good no of BSMD !!! Congratulations!

2 Likes

Got put as alternate for REMS lol. Top choice. Anyone know how many are waitlisted? Also, anyone accepted that’s not interested in going haha?

My D got in VCU BSMD

17 Likes

My daughter got accepted to VCU BS/MD too!!!

18 Likes

My S got a rejection email from VCU :frowning:

I think its also a rejection from AMC since he did not hear from them yet

1 Like

Hang in there. The wait-list will definitely move.

Received APME rejection email

Just a FYI (many may already know)

No need to despair on rejections… if you are already in the UG program while you applied for programs like APME , VCU or others, you may have been given admission to their UG. Almost all of these colleges have EA (Early assurance) to apply in the Junior/Sophmore (as long as GPA and other rules … similar to BSMD)… plus additionally maybe MCAT…

So nothing is lost… that’s what I tell. Good luck

Hope it helps

4 Likes

Anyone hear from uni oklahoma?