Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Yes

is this for SBU/GW or GW/GW?

SBU/GW. Saw posts that GW/GW were out already.

2 Likes

Congratulations. where did you see gw/gw result posts? on this thread?

1 Like

Yes I donā€™t remember GW/GW out already either

@NoviceDad , can you please DM me? I have a question for you

I got my interview information on Friday

Last year it was in the GW portal at the bottom of the admission decision

Congrats

1 Like

Thank you. There is no update on GW portal

May be I misread the threads on GW/GW decisions being out. Sorry for the confusion.

According to GW website 7 year BA/MD Program Decision: By Early April ā€¦

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Unfortunately have been only getting waitlists and rejections so far. Starting to lose hope.

Hang in there.
Remember it is the process and hyper-competitiveness that makes it very unpredictable.

Remember - you are the same smart and capable person.

2 Likes

Donā€™t lose your hopes. Depending on the situation waitlists do move. Prepare yourself mentally for the traditional route as the second option. 95% of students matriculate to MD through the traditional route. In the event you end up with the traditional route, do well in regular UG and MCAT. BSMD programs have often low single-digit acceptance ratesā€¦lower than most T20 college acceptance rates. How many BSMD programs did you apply to?

1 Like

Keep your hopes thereā€¦ donā€™t lose hope
(Donā€™t know your details like score, where u applied etc., so with that in mind)

You still have
Option 1 :
* If you got an UG admission say to VCU/SLU but got rejected in their BSMDā€¦ nothing is lost as you may still get into the EA (Early assurance program in the same school as the path is same (same MCAT score, another interview etc,)

Option 2:

• Traditional path is still there

Good luck

1 Like

@NoviceDad , @Rali_Jan ; do you know of anyone currently in VCU so that my daughter can connect with them? Thanks for the help

1 Like

Ppp