Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

sent you a DM

Hi, I just got an email from LECOM about 30 minutes ago with an acceptance! What Iā€™m not sure about is SBU still has to decide? Or if they decide together?

7 Likes

Does anyone know how many people are on the alternate list for REMS, as well as how often people actually get on from it? Just wondering if I should hold out any hope for it.

@Sumluck - you can find info on Tufts early assurance program here - LINK

you are right - it does seem pretty selective

2 Likes

I do not know much about Tufts EAP.

But, in general, to give you an example of Northwesternā€™s EAP program called NUPSP - the requirements were such that only about 50 students could qualify and they would select about 5-6 students.

@Vicky2019 has shared a link. Please review that.
Also, if you are seriously exploring that option, reach out to Tufts and ask them to connect you to students who made into the EAP program and talk to them.

2 Likes

From my understanding, they have about 5 students on the alternate list.
0 to 2 students may get in.

Good info Vickyā€¦ but i wonā€™t call it selective (but costly :))

It says majority are invited for interview and 50% invited are selected (thatā€™s one heck of good).

But itā€™s private at costs nearly $90K+ but a very very good collegeā€¦(IMO)

1 Like

Hi, I also heard back and also got accepted! And I was wondering the exact same thing about St. Bonaventure. I emailed them, hopefully, we hear back soon.

3 Likes

Thank you!!

thank you!!

1 Like

Can anyone please give a comparison between BS/MD for Upstate, Hofstra, NJMS, and Sophie Davis? Thanks.

When exactly does Drexel release decisions?

I would easily take NJMS of those options, definitely the most reputable medical school of the bunch and I think the undergrade options are comparable

2 Likes

Is this alternate list after you interviewed? Or before interview invite? Asking cause my D is on alternate list for case (before interview) and not sure to keep any hopes at allā€¦
Novice Dad your take please ā€¦

Post interview, but doesnā€™t hurt to hold out some hope anyway :slight_smile:

Ok thank you . I think these lists especially before interview ones really bring unnecessary hopeā€¦
They are already inviting 80 people I think for 10-seatsā€¦so I guessā€¦they should just reject so we can move onā€¦

In your case, I see a good chanceā€¦Wish you all the best!

1 Like

@liveyourlife78 - Like @dblazer mentioned, I would pick NJMS for its med school. I do have a few questions on location, cost, undergrad feeder -

Are you instate for either NY or NJ public universities?

What is the difference in cost of each of your options?

You only mentioned the med school and not UG. Upstate and NJMS have multiple feeders. What feeders are you considering?

1 Like

I think you should list what you like and donā€™t like about each of these programs and their feeder schools, costs, location preferences, and other factors important to you.

Each of the mentioned medical schools will give you the requisite exposure and training to become a doctor.

Depending on the feeder school in question, your undergrad experience will be different.

1 Like

My son is also on alternate pre interview for case but havenā€™t heard anything.

1 Like

How many students do NJMS invite for interview and how many will get offer?