Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Yay congratulations! I got accepted as well! I hope to connect with you and others!

7 Likes

Congratulations !

1 Like

Sent a DM!

Congrats on your admission.

IMO, I will certainly not advice to stay at home atleast few years (other than weekends)

Infact many colleges ā€œrecommend/suggestā€ to stay on campus (1st) so you can be close and build the teamwork with your peers.

Nowadays may colleges look/pay attention to the teamwork as collectively folks help each other (from study/labs/prac/shadow etc.,)

This is now common even in Engineering (where you can be solo in CS)

JMHO

But bear in mind, one canā€™t use the excuse or expect any special recognition for being in a highly competitive environment and so the med schools should accept me with a 3.5 or 3.6 even, taking the undergrad school brand name into consideration.

1 Like

Any updates from Howard and their 6 year bs/md program?

As mentioned this is based on the write up of a student who chose to go there leaving Rice. But again as they say here, the beaten down to death phrase, sample size of 1. Who knows his opinion may have even changed since that post. If you get into this program or seriously considering it, recommend to private message this student (@Metsfan7860) and get the latest feel for it.

Is hofstra done calling for acceptances? Does anyone know if they do it all in 1 day ?

which college you got acceptance from? Is it for BS/MD program? Are they updating status on the portal? or calling the candidate?

Any word from Howard BS MD ?

Anyone got update from NJMS on BS/MD program?

No, still waiting. Did you hear from them ?

Noā€¦ same waitingā€¦

Hi I was wondering if anyone has gotten into the HPM (Health Professions Mentoring) Program at University of Miami. I was wondering if anyone knew more about this program (stats, whether if it is worth it or not, etc).

1 Like

just got an email from SBU confirming I got in their BS/DO program with LECOM!

13 Likes

Donā€™t have any stats or details, but my understanding it is better than the early acceptance programs in most traditional undergrads and less than a BS/MD.

Better because it seems a decent percentage (again, donā€™t have figures, but guess like 1/4 - 1/3) of the batch will be absorbed into the medical school after sophomore year. This is a much better percentage than most early assurance programs.

Less than BS/MD because good chances one may still not end up at the med school and has to slog it out at least till sophomore year just to stand a chance of being in the subset of med school selectees from within this cohort.

It is worth it if they are giving a decent price break like half tuition or so. It seems this cohort will enjoy special privileges of easy access to good ECs, network etc. Also Miami is a great med school and some of their residency programs are top rated in the country.

Congragulations.

Thank you so much. My D got in but we are OOS. She was awarded the presidential scholarship with $25,000, but we would still be paying $46k a yearā€¦

1 Like

Congratulations! Way to go!

Congratulations. I think 25k is probably the limit on presidential scholarships, slightly below the half tuition mark. But still pretty good. You have one very good option. I am sure you will get few more and weigh them all in a month or so and choose what suits your D and family the best.

One more thing, Miami is private, so no concept of in state vs oos. Same fee for everyone I believe.