Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

@Superstar678
From College Board website:

Here is a video link for a step-by-step guide to Score Choice - provided by CollegeBoard:

1 Like

Got it, thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

A 1550 is equivalent to a 35 ACT per the concordance tables. Is it not viewed as such?

I always thought ACT was more appropriate for BS/MD programs with their science component however pseudo it may be. I dont have any specific basis to say the schools actually do this.

Now that they have cancelled subject tests, I wonder if there is some added importance to this section or if they expect people to be attempting APs instead.

Historically, SAT has been the preferred test in the Northeast / Mid-Atlantic regions where most BS/MD programs are situated.
Many years ago, some programs would not even accept the ACT as a valid test score.

1 Like

what programs are a better set for students with a high 1400 SAT score? obv pitt/baylor/rice are not the ideal programs for this sat score. Are there cases when students have been accepted with 1470’s or so.

i think that’s misleading, adcom’s don’t care once you meet the threshold. think about it in you head, i am going to pick this student over this one because he was able to bubble in 3 more correct answers. that insane. Once you meet the threshold, other parts of the application will be considered

Are you an ORM?
if yes, unless there is a major hook, chances of getting interview calls at 1470 are slim.

Maybe explore BS/DO.

@futurebs_md12323
IMO, even for BS/DO route, one should have GPA 3.5(UW) or above.
What’s your UW GPA? Seniors can chime in here with your chances.

1 Like

I mean I guess the major hook would be that I am a first author for a research with a medical school professor. I have done shadowing in several specialities including things like orthopedic trauma surgery, anesthiology, and geratrics. I have done ems for 10 or so months, president re-elect for HOSA, hospital volunteering, some other leadership stuff. I have semi decent awards but first place at a Johnson and Johnson affiliated competition. My gpa is a 94W school doesn’t give uw. Yes I am Asian.

uw is 3.6-7, junior year it was a 4.0 with 4 aps and 2 honors.

I am looking at applying to Drew/Rutgers NJMS BSMS program. I don’t see any information about supplements. can someone clarify this?

@futurebs_md12323
During the Fall 2021 application cycle, @Sooar78 reported one BSMD acceptance with stats somewhat similar to yours. Apply widely. Keep your traditional route options open. Good luck.
Seniors please chime in.

Hey @Sooar78 can i pm you?

Can anyone help me with SUNY upstate application? Do we just need to fill the common app for all feeder schools? Will the supplements be sent later?

Yes, submit the common app (along with the correct selection of program).
If the feeder school forwards your application and Upstate decides, you will get a supplemental application.

NOTE: every feeder school has a different process - some take an interview before forwarding to Upstate, and some just forward without any interviews.

@NoviceDad Thank you! So any recommendation on the feeder schools as there are many.

Pick the ones that you will be comfortable spending 3 or 4 years of your college life.

Folks

10 days to Nov 1 deadline!
Buckle up!

1 Like

Did any one receive Interviews from NJIT?