Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

It will be great if people start notifying to schools that they are not going, as it will benefit students who are waiting for one decision to be heard.

3 Likes

Congrats

Wow. Is this your first BSMD admission? Congratulations! Rooting for you!

2 Likes

We are finally between 2 NEU vs seton hall joint program will update in a week

No, I have a few other programs also. I will be declining UMKC, only wanted to post so that anyone in UMKC waitlist will know that the waitlist has started moving.

3 Likes

did you recieve any bs/do acceptances?

We only applied NYIT and got accepted but not considering it.

Is NEU, northeastern?

Yes

I got into rowan’s BS/DO, I am considering that. Why are you not considering NYIT, just curious? I have heard some red flags about the program, but what is your reasoning?

1 Like

I will DM you

1 Like

Please DM me too

About why not considering NYIT

UCF BMS or FAU BS MD. Please advise. Money is not the issue.

Nbaj123 you can DM me for the comparison

Any current cycle applicants going to FAU BS MD. Please let me know.

To all those who are interested we had admitted tours in UCLA, setonhall and NEU, just to have undergrad campus experience we are going with Northeastern
If my D is destined to be doctor she will be in traditional route .she will explore more during her undergrad exoerience.7 years in NYIT doesnt seem reasonable for her .

5 Likes

Wish I could chime in but memory not that sharp enough. Remember reading about both the programs in previous years’ general (or main threads).

UCF is a more well established school but I think the matriculation requirements are a little harder. I think their expected MCAT as well GPA reqs are higher.

FAU is a new and upcoming program but heard their dean is very driven and support system for the students of the program is high. Recall reading somewhere on their portal the account of a student who went there despite having other BS/MD offers. If you haven’t yet, see if you can visit both the campuses and talk to the folks there. You can probably ask for an extension of time before committing.

Would suggest searching last year’s ( 2 parts) and the year prior’s threads with key catch words like UCF, FAU, Florida, central, atlantic etc.

Just rejected Stony Brook as well. Not sure if they have a waitlist. Hope it helps.

Also posted results in the results thread. Good luck to all and Thanks for all the information/advise!

3 Likes

Congratulations on NEU gear choice did you get any scholarships from NEU I have heard they don’t give much for OOS.