Thread for BS/MD BS/DO 2021-2022

Congratulations to all who received an invite to interview with ADHC at NJIT! Wondering if anyone knows whether or not invites are still being sent? Do they come out on a rolling basis? I submitted my app 2.5 weeks ago. Thanks! :slight_smile:

NJIT is on a rolling basis

Thank you for the info!

Thank you and congratulations to your D!

Did anyone have your PITT medical portal opened?

Nothing yet. How does Pitt work? Do they email a link to medical school application form if chosen?

[RP]
Hello,
As a sophomore, I have a couple of questions regarding research in benefit for my future BS/MD applications:

• How do I start to research and publish it?
  • How could I perform individual research? Also, would individual research shine on my applications?
  • How can I cold email professors to perform a research project with a high schooler?

Thanks in advance!

Hello I’m a junior and was wondering if I could receive any advice to boost my application for bs/md next year?

Stats:

• ACT: 35
  • GPA: (UW) 3.8, (W) 4.4
    Medical EC’s
  • President-Elect of State’s HOSA association
  • Shadowing three different specialties (Cardiology, Neurology, and Pediatrics) (75+ hours)
  • Hospital Volunteering (100+ hours)
  • Medical Reserve Corps
  • Advise on the district board for health and wellness policy for K-12
  • Research
    Non Medical EC’s
  • Youth Ambassador for a gender non-profit
  • Speech and Debate
  • Student Council: Secretary
    *NHS and SNHS
  • Church Volunteer

How is GW BA/MD program? Is it good to apply in BS/DO programs ?

what are good topics to write your strength and weakness? very confused what to write!!!

not for BS/MD correct?

Is this portal for Gap. Where do we find it? I don’t see anything in psmobile app or document center.

Has anyone received the supplemental applications for one of the 3 programs going to Albany Med (Union, RPI, Siena)?

Would submitting right on Nov 1 be a disadvantage?

Did any one receive interview notifications/portal status changes for PMM program?

NJIT’s application deadline was Nov 1.
NJIT calls students on a rolling basis for its undergrad interview.

Nope

Did you?

Last year, they had notified some students around Nov 15.
This year, as per Penn State admissions, it will be random.

I have not. Checking if others heard back from PennState

For BU, do the supplemental letters get uploaded immediately after you receive portal or does it take a few days?